DC Dev ISO R4

If you have any questions on programming, this is the place to ask them, whether you're a newbie or an experienced programmer. Discussion on programming in general is also welcome. We will help you with programming homework, but we will not do your work for you! Any porting requests must be made in Developmental Ideas.
Christuserloeser
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Been thanked: 0

Re: DC Dev ISO R4

Post by Christuserloeser »

If someone with too much time on their hands could update this to KOS v2.0 I am sure it would be greatly appreciated.
Insane homebrew collector.
petterk
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie
Has thanked: 0

Post by petterk »

Yeah I guess this might need some updating. Would love to see it with all the latest tools available..
AtariOwl
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by AtariOwl »

Well after a long time away I'm thinking of actually trying some DC coding.

Any idea where i can get this DCDEV ISO now?

Cheers
showka
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by showka »

@Christuserloeser

Is the source code to this available anywhere? What tooling did it use?
showka
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by showka »

To elaborate a bit, for me historically the hardest part was always just getting the toolchain up and working. Last year I wrote a bash script to do this automatically in Ubuntu, but figured it wasn't a good solution in Cygwin since the installer used that gui. Well I recently discovered it was possible to make Cygwin install certain packages from the Windows command prompt, which removed the only manual step in the process.

So, using this simple bash script the installation of bleeding edge KOS is a two (maybe three) step process: run a single command from the Windows command prompt, then start up Cygwin and run the bash script.

If the source needed to produce the installer scripts is still available somewhere it shouldn't be too difficult to get at least a substantial subset of functionality updated. I'd really love to see this happen as I get the sense that many developers here are still using the older dev iso and missing out on the newer stuff in KOS 2.0.
ThePerfectK
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by ThePerfectK »

showka wrote:To elaborate a bit, for me historically the hardest part was always just getting the toolchain up and working. Last year I wrote a bash script to do this automatically in Ubuntu, but figured it wasn't a good solution in Cygwin since the installer used that gui. Well I recently discovered it was possible to make Cygwin install certain packages from the Windows command prompt, which removed the only manual step in the process.

So, using this simple bash script the installation of bleeding edge KOS is a two (maybe three) step process: run a single command from the Windows command prompt, then start up Cygwin and run the bash script.

If the source needed to produce the installer scripts is still available somewhere it shouldn't be too difficult to get at least a substantial subset of functionality updated. I'd really love to see this happen as I get the sense that many developers here are still using the older dev iso and missing out on the newer stuff in KOS 2.0.
Wow I'm glad I clicked this topic! Is this up to date? This will get me a full KOS toolchain set up with no fuss?
Still Thinking!~~
luvjuce
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by luvjuce »

If anyone is still interested in the old DC Dev ISO r4, I have it hosted on my site - http://www.dcdev.org/

I'd love to someday figure out how to create a r5 to use the latest KOS! :)