Major problems with DemoMenu and DCHakker

If you have any questions on programming, this is the place to ask them, whether you're a newbie or an experienced programmer. Discussion on programming in general is also welcome. We will help you with programming homework, but we will not do your work for you! Any porting requests must be made in Developmental Ideas.
Silent Marauder
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Major problems with DemoMenu and DCHakker

Post by Silent Marauder »

I'm having trouble getting DCHakker to read any more than two sessions on any disc. I'll burn the disc as multisession, then continue it when I add another test build, then continue it again, and so on. I'm using Nero 5.5.10.something, and when it asks which track to continue from, I always select the highest-numbered track (since each session is another track, correct?). Now, the computer will read the extra files in the third session, but DCHakker won't. I should add that my DC also starts making lots of very quiet chirping noises as it reads a multisession disc - is this normal?

I would use DemoMenu, and that was my first choice, but I can't burn a working copy of it to save my life! Either my copy of Nero really sucks, or every copy of DemoMenu from dchomebrew.org is corrupted. I can't burn the NRGs in Nero. I can't burn the CDI's in DJ, or by cdi2nero'ing them and putting them into Nero. I can't even burn the plain files after running Selfboot.exe on them (maybe that's how the other images were created, and the Selfboot.exe program is faulty?). I tried downloading from fackue's website at Consolevision, but after cdi2nero'ing the image, I got myself a new coaster when Nero suddenly told me that it "cannot position the track correctly with this recorder" or something to that effect.

Any information would be greatly appreciated, since DCHakker & DemoMenu's author's homepage has apparently vanished.
Silent Marauder
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Silent Marauder »

After making another coaster, I decided I'd put the demomenu plain files on a disc and use DCHakker to load them. Success!

Unfortunately, DemoMenu isn't any better at reading past the second session than DCHakker.

Maybe it's my Dreamcast? Maybe only the first two tracks are DC-readable? I have no idea.