3d kgl pvr texture format

If you have any questions on programming, this is the place to ask them, whether you're a newbie or an experienced programmer. Discussion on programming in general is also welcome. We will help you with programming homework, but we will not do your work for you! Any porting requests must be made in Developmental Ideas.
tonma
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0

Re: 3d kgl pvr texture format

Post by tonma »

I found information on web, I need to put "texture, vertex and normal position of object" in the GPU to gain speed (not reload object every frame). It's called VBO.
It's working like loading texture with glBindBuffer, glGenBuffers but I didn't find any example.

Does someone has an example of a very simple object with VBO ?
Kannagi
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie
Been thanked: 0

Post by Kannagi »

The concept of VBO does not exist on the consoles of 6th generations (apart perhaps on XBOX).

But the default dreamcast has a vertex buffer, the normal ones are not registered in it (the calculations are done only on the CPU side).
And the textures are already in vram.

The only way to gain speed in these consoles and do the assembler, if you manage to avoid all 'pipelines stall ' in your rendering code (perspective transformation), then you will make the most of your machine.
tonma
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by tonma »

Kannagi wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 3:25 pm The concept of VBO does not exist on the consoles of 6th generations (apart perhaps on XBOX).

But the default dreamcast has a vertex buffer, the normal ones are not registered in it (the calculations are done only on the CPU side).
And the textures are already in vram.

The only way to gain speed in these consoles and do the assembler, if you manage to avoid all 'pipelines stall ' in your rendering code (perspective transformation), then you will make the most of your machine.
Thanks, I'll look at this.
lerabot
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by lerabot »

Hey, I don't know what libGL version you're using, but you might wanna toy with Kazade's version, as he's actively working on it.
Also, I think I remember reading that lighting is currently busted on some libGL build. That might be the slowdown?
tonma
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by tonma »

lerabot wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 8:01 am Hey, I don't know what libGL version you're using, but you might wanna toy with Kazade's version, as he's actively working on it.
Also, I think I remember reading that lighting is currently busted on some libGL build. That might be the slowdown?
I use the "official" at cadcdev/kallistios
I'll make a test without light and find time to test other libgl ;-)