About swapping disc / DC load serial

If you have any questions on programming, this is the place to ask them, whether you're a newbie or an experienced programmer. Discussion on programming in general is also welcome. We will help you with programming homework, but we will not do your work for you! Any porting requests must be made in Developmental Ideas.
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

About swapping disc / DC load serial

Post by Newbie »

Hi everybody,

I have a little annoying thing : I use a CD ROM disc on my Dreamcast to boot with DC TOOL Serial.

Then, sometimes, I need to change the disc (the DC Load boot one) with other disc (a data disc) to load data for testing purpose.

But when I change the disc and close the lid, Dreamcast try to interpret the disc and to boot it.

All I want is just could access data on the other disc without loosing DC Load server on Dreamcast.

Is there something to fix it ?

Thanks for help.
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Re: About swapping disc / DC load serial

Post by BlueCrab »

dcload-serial doesn't do anything with the disc drive, so you should just be able to swap out the disc while it is running (before starting to upload your testing binary, for instance).

I've done this plenty of times before for testing my code, so I know it should work just fine. If it doesn't, then there's gotta be something wonky with your copy of dcload-serial...
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: About swapping disc / DC load serial

Post by Newbie »

I re burn my DC Load Serial disk and now it's fine !

Thanks