uploading files from kos to sd card for playing.

If you have any questions on programming, this is the place to ask them, whether you're a newbie or an experienced programmer. Discussion on programming in general is also welcome. We will help you with programming homework, but we will not do your work for you! Any porting requests must be made in Developmental Ideas.
rinfus
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

uploading files from kos to sd card for playing.

Post by rinfus »

hey guys, yet again i ask newbie question, but after yet another swing at the dreamcast i find this problem,

im using dcdev iso 4, with cygwin and am currently compiling the examples to confirm that it is working, im using an sd card with dreamshell 4.0 and im trying both .elf and .bin format on these examples (the main one being the test video mode)
it wont load either, the .bin gives an error about not recognizing bba, and the .elf just freezes.
im running win32 xp with the usual cygwin and makefiles given for the examples on the iso,

my only guess is its the upload method, the sd is a micro sd 1gb, with fat 32 format and the usual Chinese sd card adapter for the dc, im willing to bet i need to do some form of modding to the bare files that kos and cygwin spits out, though dreamshell said it should work with .elf
where am i going wrong? please help as this is yet another issue i seem to get every time i come to the dreamcast dev scene
im already well into sdl and c++ but i want it to be for a dreamcast project, thank you.