Help fixing DreamRoQ

If you have any questions on programming, this is the place to ask them, whether you're a newbie or an experienced programmer. Discussion on programming in general is also welcome. We will help you with programming homework, but we will not do your work for you! Any porting requests must be made in Developmental Ideas.
lerabot
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

Help fixing DreamRoQ

Post by lerabot »

This is PH3NOM last version. I've adapted it to the latest KOS and deleted deceprated functions.
Still, I'm getting a black screen.

The sample.roq works on the other version of DreamRoQ. All I've toyed with are the thd_create. I've never used the thd in my life, so that might explain why it doesn't work.

https://github.com/dreamcastdevs/dreamroq

It's the last bit I need to complete the Reaperi Cycle demo. :(
PH3NOM
DC Developer
DC Developer
Has thanked: 0

Re: Help fixing DreamRoQ

Post by PH3NOM »

Hi there friend!
Honestly not sure why you would choose RoQ format, I only contributed to that project at request of my old friend Patbier. Tools to work with this codec leave a lot to be desired. However, it was cool to work with multi-media Mike for that short period.

At one point, I was on a serious mission to create a multi-media player for Dreamcast, DCMC: viewtopic.php?t=102594

I had extracted the video playback functionality with intention to release it as a stand alone library to be included with KOS, but never had the time to completely finish things up. However, as the code stands, it should be good enough to get you playing back fmv in your project using either XviD or MPG video.
libvdc.tar.gz
(2.16 MiB) Downloaded 111 times
This is the lib I used for fmv in In the Line of Fire demo I released some time back btw. Read the readme.txt and you should be good to go
lerabot
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by lerabot »

I've been trying to get the libs to compile, without success. They all had different issues.
libxvid had some type issue, and I cant remember what the issues are with the other one.

Although RoQ video are super slow to encode, they are ok for my need. And the 512x512 resultion is quite nice.
I feel like I'm super close, it's litteraly just converting the code to the new thread system. It just hangs there.
lerabot
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by lerabot »

Ok, I went back and did some fixing, but libvdc has so much component to fix that it's a bit of a nightmare.
Also, I got your version dreamRoq to work, but it plays at a much slower framerate than the previous version :(

I think I'll just take a decision this week if I'm just dropping video all together and just use something else for the narrative elements.