What will Sega think of next?

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

What will Sega think of next?

Post by Luriden »

http://www.phantasystaruniverse.com/news_blueorb.php

It's a device that lets you use the analog sticks for texting in Phantasy Star Universe, rather than use the on-screen keyboard or, dare I say it, buy a keyboard. It seems to work somewhat like the typing system on Linksboks does, in case anyone here has used that before.

I'm not sure what's more funny, the idea itself or the video advertisement for it.

"hello"

"WUD UP"

"life"

"HEL YEH"

:guffaw:
RMD
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Re: What will Sega think of next?

Post by RMD »

I didnt really get how the hell that worked at all from the video. Plus having this for the 360 is totally unnessary has the 360 version has voice chat. Whats easier than talking?
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Nico0020 »

yea i saw this and thought it was all sorts of effed up. Voice chat in PSU is so easy. and its a lot of fun to. its completely different than the halo type environment that is on xbox live.

BTW luriden we need to get some more runs in on the current event. I already traded the items for a awseom shield and the burning rangers poster for my room. I just need to get a few other things.
*The Cadillac of signatures*
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

Nico0020 wrote:yea i saw this and thought it was all sorts of effed up. Voice chat in PSU is so easy. and its a lot of fun to. its completely different than the halo type environment that is on xbox live.

BTW luriden we need to get some more runs in on the current event. I already traded the items for a awseom shield and the burning rangers poster for my room. I just need to get a few other things.
Me and Pairo did about 3-4 hours of Sea Of Fire B missions today. Nice S rank rewards. :D
Gmc
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Gmc »

Christ its easier to buy a cheap arse USB keyboard...
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

RMD wrote:I didnt really get how the hell that worked at all from the video. Plus having this for the 360 is totally unnessary has the 360 version has voice chat. Whats easier than talking?
From my short lived experience on Xbox Live I have found I don't like the voice chat. Just a bunch of 12 years old screaming MOTHER FUCKER and OMG over and over again.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
MapleBuster
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by MapleBuster »

RMD wrote:I didnt really get how the hell that worked at all from the video. Plus having this for the 360 is totally unnessary has the 360 version has voice chat. Whats easier than talking?
I'm not too sure if this applies to PSU, but with PSO for the Dreamcast and other consoles, the text method was also used as opposed to the microphone(which was already a peripheral for the Dreamcast). The reason was that it enabled people who spoke in different languages to converse with each other due to the inbuilt translator. I'm sure that when speech recognition/translation technology becomes more accurate then this function will move to the microphone.

What's easier than talking ? Why did you type that ?
Caboose
Lieutenant; Jeeba SS

Post by Caboose »

Might as well just get the headset ffs, and most people have a premium system anyways.
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

Veggita2099 wrote:
From my short lived experience on Xbox Live I have found I don't like the voice chat. Just a bunch of 12 years old screaming MOTHER FUCKER and OMG over and over again.
It depends on what game you're playing. The worst I've had happen on PSU is some little kid making annoying noises, but I've never had to deal with the flamers you speak of like I would on Halo 2 or Gears Of War. I don't think the retards have the brainpower or patience to play a (subscription) online RPG.
perry
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy

Post by perry »

MapleBuster wrote:
I'm not too sure if this applies to PSU, but with PSO for the Dreamcast and other consoles, the text method was also used as opposed to the microphone(which was already a peripheral for the Dreamcast). The reason was that it enabled people who spoke in different languages to converse with each other due to the inbuilt translator. I'm sure that when speech recognition/translation technology becomes more accurate then this function will move to the microphone.

What's easier than talking ? Why did you type that ?
Fundamental laws of physics. We can't hear each other. We use these text based forums.
In the words of Q-Tip : Looking for vibes or positivity, not negativity / 'Cause we gotta strive for longevity by online gaming
MapleBuster
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by MapleBuster »

Exactly. Typing text is easier than talking.

I suppose everyone here could use the TextAloud Firefox plug-in for a pseudo-talk forum experience.
RMD
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by RMD »

MapleBuster wrote:Exactly. Typing text is easier than talking.

I suppose everyone here could use the TextAloud Firefox plug-in for a pseudo-talk forum experience.
That logic fucking sucks. Thats like saying if you and your friend where in the same room it would be easier to type and chat to them over aim, than it would be to just talk. Typing is only a solution for distance and when you can simply just talk its pointless.
MapleBuster
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by MapleBuster »

That logics sucks to you is what you mean. Myself and Stephen Hawkings are having a conversation at the moment discussing what an illogical fellow you are.

There is a furore on Second Life regarding microphone support in the future. Check it out.
Matt
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Matt »

I'm still debating if the advert is worse than the idea

Think it's one of those things you can't appreciate till you use it, like the Wiimote
Zealous zerotype
zerotype

Post by Zealous zerotype »

talking in an mmorpg could be confusing when a lot of people are close by, what with diffrent dialects and accents it might be hard to understand some people (also with all the vocies going on at once). I'd say that typing in an mmorpg would be better.
SCO=SCUM=M$=SCO it keeps repeating :P
i'm a randite :worship:
DYTDMFBSB?
There must have been some mistake
I'm not the one who should be saved
My divinity has been denied
Mary and me were both fucked by God
RMD
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by RMD »

Zealous zerotype wrote:talking in an mmorpg could be confusing when a lot of people are close by, what with diffrent dialects and accents it might be hard to understand some people (also with all the vocies going on at once). I'd say that typing in an mmorpg would be better.
Voice chat only works when you're in parties of 6 or less people. In the main lobbies you can use a keyboard.