Nintendo Wii is only for kids

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Nintendo Wii is only for kids

Post by Nyarlathotep »

IGN wrote: US, March 28, 2007 - Oh, sweet mud-slinging, how we love you. It would be impossible to count how many times company reps poked fun at GameCube, just as it would be a difficult undertaking to calculate how many times former Nintendo president Hiroshi Yamauchi spoke ill of his hardware competitors. Nowadays, though, publishers rarely speak badly of Nintendo or Wii as both are overwhelming success stories.

But Microsoft's group product manager for Xbox and the Live platform, John Rodman, recently took a stab at it. According to a report by Daily Tech, Rodman insinuated that gamers would outgrow Nintendo's new console just as soon as their voices started to change.

"We don't feel like the Wii customer and the Xbox customer are the same thing," Rodman reportedly said. "We think that as soon as the Wii customer turns 14, they want something else."

Whoops. We must've missed that memo. And so did our parents.

...so what do they buy when they turn 15?
Juan
DCEmu Commie
DCEmu Commie

Post by Juan »

VIDEO GAMES ARE ONLY FOR KIDS
Vlad Tepes
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Vlad Tepes »

Well, damnit. I guess I need to get rid of my Wii, since my window for enjoyment closed...mmm...14 years ago.
Covar
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Covar »

thats a lie. all the prepubecent kids are all on xbox live calling me a nigger faggot.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

I think he was referring to sex with Lara Croft.
APE
Newsposter
Newsposter

Post by APE »

Covar wrote:thats a lie. all the prepubecent kids are all on xbox live calling me a nigger faggot.
I had one kid with a strange method of speaking English use Halo 2 for very bad karaoke. He wouldn't shut up despite everyone telling him to. Oh for a ban function.
A few fries short of a happy meal.
S. Thompson
The Fuzmeister
The Fuzmeister

Post by S. Thompson »

They're just jealous. :lol:

- Fuzmeister
JKKDARK
Choking On Cock 24/7
Choking On Cock 24/7

Post by JKKDARK »

then the world is full of kids
APE
Newsposter
Newsposter

Post by APE »

JKKDARK wrote:then the world is full of kids
They can learn to play amongst themselves.
A few fries short of a happy meal.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Re: Nintendo Wii is only for kids

Post by melancholy »

IGN wrote: "We think that as soon as the Wii customer turns 14, they want something else."
Wow. Adolecent teens playing with their 'wiis' will want to look for something more mature? The sexual innuendo is so thick, I don't even know the best joke to use.
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Nyarlathotep »

I guess when MS saw the Wii kicking the 360s ass week in, week out on worldwide sales they figured it wasn't the fad they initially thought and knocked that 'Wii60 ftw!' crap off.

Now its serious competition.
not just souLLy now
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by not just souLLy now »

Covar wrote:thats a lie. all the prepubecent kids are all on xbox live calling me a nigger faggot.
:guffaw: good times, good times
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Chances are more kids own a Wii then a Ps3 or 360, but thats about as far as it goes though.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
FiendWithoutAface
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by FiendWithoutAface »

"We don't feel like the Wii customer and the Xbox customer are the same thing," Rodman reportedly said. "We think that as soon as the Wii customer turns 14, they want something else."

Ive been wanting to pick a wii up for some time now. I'm glad MS was there to tell me that they thought it was for children before I bought it. As all of my purchases are directly influenced by MS.
Matisfaction
I can't get no.....

Post by Matisfaction »

If I had a pound for everytime someone has said that Nintendo make "kids games".

I remeber "back in the day" when kids used to argue at my school (yes, yes, including me, I was something like 13 -14) which was better, Megadrive or SNES and one lad piped up "I like the Megadrive best as the graphics are more serious". D'oh!

I guess any game that doesn't have 3d graphics, automatic weaponry, whores, blood and "bad ass" choons will be deemed as a "kiddys game" these days. I guess that while you own a Wii you also have to live with the fact that you'll never been seen as a "seroius gamer".
JKKDARK
Choking On Cock 24/7
Choking On Cock 24/7

Post by JKKDARK »

Matisfaction wrote:If I had a pound for everytime someone has said that Nintendo make "kids games".

I remeber "back in the day" when kids used to argue at my school (yes, yes, including me, I was something like 13 -14) which was better, Megadrive or SNES and one lad piped up "I like the Megadrive best as the graphics are more serious". D'oh!

I guess any game that doesn't have 3d graphics, automatic weaponry, whores, blood and "bad ass" choons will be deemed as a "kiddys game" these days. I guess that while you own a Wii you also have to live with the fact that you'll never been seen as a "seroius gamer".
Your friend was totally right, MegaDrive was A LOT better ;)
Matisfaction
I can't get no.....

Post by Matisfaction »

JKKDARK wrote:
Matisfaction wrote:If I had a pound for everytime someone has said that Nintendo make "kids games".

Your friend was totally right, MegaDrive was A LOT better ;)
I never said he was a friend and coming out with stupid statements like that he was never likely to be. Gotta love those "serious graphics" though? :roll:
Phantom
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Phantom »

I don't think Nintendo makes "kiddie" games, but their kid-oriented friend code system needs to be thrown overboard (at least for adults).
"Nothing works" - Catweazle
JKKDARK
Choking On Cock 24/7
Choking On Cock 24/7

Post by JKKDARK »

People, you should play Mortal Kombat on the SNES :lol2:
RMD
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by RMD »

Who cares about the wii being "for kids" people should focus on the fact that it has next to no good games for it instead.