Post everytime that you buy a new game...

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

Re: Post everytime that you buy a new game...

Post by cube_b3 »

Extremely late and maybe irrelevant since it is a Sports Game but after years and years of waiting I finally bought a brand new sealed copy of Virtua Tennis 3.

A little bummed that it doesn't have trophies which will make playing the game a little point less but it feels like I am back in 2001 rediscovering Virtua Tennis 2.

Amazing. I will spend sometime with this game and in a year or so I'll update to Virtua Fighter 4.

Edit: Virtua Tennis 4*
Juan
DCEmu Commie
DCEmu Commie

Post by Juan »

Federer at his prime yo
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

A little bummed that it doesn't have trophies.

I like how the World Tour mini games are now playable directly from the Main Menu and with 2 players really makes the game more entertaining, that said it feels like a limitedremake of VT2 than a sequel, I believe VT2 had more playable characters.

Though I am a gamer and don't know much about the actual Tennis players beyond the William sisters. Oddly only one is featured in this game. My favorite player from Virtua Tennis 2 was Jelena Dokic only cause she was the hottest, I know this Sharapova girl is now the most popular hottie but I am more mature now and don't just feel like selecting a default player because of attraction.

I still prefer playing with the ladies, the men are really slow in comparison and fall a lot more often.

I want to start playing real life Tennis.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Child of Light

I love Ubisoft for happily green-lighting games like this.

A $15 side-scroller with JRPG mechanics where you play as a little Austrian girl from the 1800s?

Few big-name developers would let something like that see the light of day. It feels and plays completely like an indie title. I'm happy to see a company with deep pockets diverting some money into smaller projects like this. It's a great little game.
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by DaMadFiddler »

Several... I don't even know any more. I think I need to update my spreadsheet. Currently trying to get all the puzzle pieces in Donkey Kong.

I'm starting to amass a backlog of unplayed and unfinished games. I think I've got everything I want for Wii, and I'm about five or so titles away from having everything I want for PS3 (barring any new releases). Similarly close on DS.

I think I need to stop buying games for a while to finish working through what I've already got. Exceptions will be made for Mario Kart and Smash Bros., as well as any particularly promising indie titles that come along. Eva also wants to get Watchdogs, though we'll wait for the Wii U version, as the second screen looks like a significant asset in that game.

I am in the market for some first-party, wired GameCube controllers.
not just souLLy now
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by not just souLLy now »

Just picked up a PS4 with Wolfenstein, Mario Kart 8 is on the way too.
Matisfaction
I can't get no.....

Post by Matisfaction »

Football Manager 2014 - PC/Steam Samba Sale - £8.75
Earth Defence Force 2025 - PS3 - £19.99
Metal Gear Solid - PS3/PSN May Madness Sale - £3.99
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII

I was holding out for a price drop then saw it on the US Playstation Store for $25 and decided that was cheap enough. In one way, it's a shame it sold so poorly because it's honestly not so bad and is much better than I expected, but it's always going to be known more as the third game in a trilogy nobody wanted that has done nothing but ruin one of gaming's most significant IPs.

I spent the $5 I had left over on Person 3: FES. I never played the FES version and love Persona 3 and 4 so I'm looking forward to getting around to that one day.

I've quit FF14 to start chipping away at my backlog. I have several 3DS games I bought last year at launch that I haven't finished yet. :?
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

MarioKart 8.

We'll also be using Nintendo's free game promotion to get Wind Waker HD, since we already have Pikmin 3 and Mario.

Currently working on my backlog, so pending any really amazing sale prices or unexpected must-haves, this'll probably be my last game purchase until Smash Bros.

Not video games, but I also picked up a copy of Cards Against Humanity to play with some coworkers (after hours, of course... that would be a little awkward at the office), and my fiance snagged us Saturday and Sunday PAX passes. Anyone else going?
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

...okay, so I ended up stumbling across a pretty good deal the other day, and couldn't pass it up:

not just souLLy now
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

After a fairly lackluster start, Wolfenstein gets utterly brilliant by midway, I genuinely haven't enjoyed a first person shooter this much in a long time.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Got Wolfenstein the day it came out, I haven't beaten it yet but yes it is fantastic.

Also got Mario Kart 8 today, and since you get a free second game to download I chose Wii Party U. I already had New Super Mario Bros. Wii U and Wind Waker HD, so that left me a choice between Pikmin 3 and Wii Party U.
It's thinking...
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

:o You chose Wii Party over Pikmin?! What madness is this?
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

DaMadFiddler wrote::o You chose Wii Party over Pikmin?! What madness is this?
Local multiplayer has been Nintendo's strong suit, but my friends and I have worn through New Super Mario Bros. U and Nintendoland. Wii Party U will immediately be a welcome addition to my library.

Pikmin 3 is obviously the better game, but I've never played any of them, although I've heard they're fantastic. I'd like to start with the original Pikmin first, although I've heard that isn't really necessary, but I'm still the kind of gamer that would do that... so I'd like to do that first. Also, given that I will likely end up owning both of these titles anyway, I'd rather have a free digital download of Wii Party U but a physical copy of Pikmin 3 rather than the other way around.

Even though I can download Wii U games I prefer to buy physical copies. For one, and I know you'll agree with me on this, it's nice to have a tangible object. And two, if I buy from Best Buy I get an employee discount that makes it cheaper for me to buy the physical copy anyway.
It's thinking...
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

That makes sense.

Pikmin also has a multiplayer mode, though. You can't do the main quest co-op or anything like that, but you can set up local splitscreen battles and competitions.

As for the earlier titles: Pikmin 2 was one of my favorite GameCube games. It's also the only RTS-type game that ever felt "right" on a video game controller; it was very clearly designed from the ground up for the GameCube pad (though the Wii port works just fine, too).

The first Pikmin has an overall time limit that kind of kills some of its potential, and gameplay-wise, it's basically a MUCH simpler version of the second game (fewer Pikmin types, fewer features, fewer differences in terrain, no "dungeons"). The first one was an intriguing game for its time, but it was so thoroughly surpassed by its sequels that you really don't need to play it--2 is the first one where they really nailed the formula.
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

Fuckin' Shovel Knight. I know I keep saying I'm going to take a break, but look at this beautiful thing:

Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

I've become a complete indie gaming convert in the past year and Shovel Knight is just the latest example why.

I just sincerely hope the scene that has exploded in the last few years isn't destroyed by the constant stream of early-access games and half-baked Kickstarters. :?
not just souLLy now
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

I haven't really been following Shovel Knight, what platform did you guys go for? Tempted to go for 3DS as I haven't played it much in a while, but if it deserves a bigscreen experience I'll go for WiiU.
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Post by DaMadFiddler »

I got the 3DS version for two reasons: (1) I wanted to be able to play it on the go, and (2) the game's native resolution is 400x240, which is a perfect fit for the 3DS screen. (I'd really prefer it if low-res pixel art games for consoles had a scanline filter option.)

The Wii U version will be receiving a 4-player battle mode in a future update, so if that's something you think you'll use, you may want that version instead. But for me, portability was key.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

I got it on 3DS too, although my only other option was PC and there's something weird about sitting at my computer desk with a joypad.

The 3D effect is quite nice (better than NSMB2 anyway) and I just feel these simple retro-style games feel more at home on a portable to be honest. Like Spelunky on the PS Vita. It just feels it belongs there more than on any other platform.