GBA emulators?

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

GBA emulators?

Post by Veggita2099 »

I have been considering one of those flashlinker's for my GBA. I was just wondering if anyone knows what kind of emulators are out for it right now and how well they work?

Also anyone know about where the cheapest one can be found at that is from a reliable source?? As far as size goes I could live with a 32 meg if I could get one cheap enough. It just kills me to pay more for the linker then I paid for the whole system.
Craig
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by Craig »

Well, there is a range of Windows PC (And Linux and Mac) emulators available at the moment. The best Windows ones are either:
Boycott Advance
http://boycottadvance.emuunlim.com [url]
VisualBoy Advance
http://vboy.emuhq.com [url]

As for a reliable source for a flashlinker, try
Lik-Sang
http://www.lik-sang.com [url]
Life is so Lame, Which is Such a Shame
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

I was more looking for emulators that run on the Game Boy Advance. I have Boycott, it is a very good emulator. Just goes to show Game companys shouldn't be so upset over roms/emulation. If I hadn't played boycott I wouldn't have bought the GBA and the 4 games I have for it so far (well 3, 1 of them is a game boy color game)
Hawq1
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Hawq1 »

There are many emus on the GBA, for news on them go here http://www.gbaemu.com/ or check in the non dc emulation & homebrew topic where I post news of new releases on all systems (except dc obviously).
Duty is weightier than a mountain while death is as light as a feather.

For those who get really bored, try to figure out where the line above comes from. Put answers in here http://www.dcemulation.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=6188
aspect
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Flash linkers...

Post by aspect »

Look to pay about $200 for a good flash linker. You can pick one up on lik-sang (http://www.lik-sang.com). Just dont get one of those cheap little ones. You can fit a lot of the homebrew roms on a 256 MBit cart.

Have fun, and remember, Warez is bad... I think...
aspect
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Silly me...

Post by aspect »

Oh, and another thing. If your any good with a soldering iron, you can build your own flash linker. Look for some plans on google, or figure your own.
LyonHrt
Princess LyonHrt
Princess LyonHrt

Post by LyonHrt »

For news on all these emus and more always check out consolevision.
Ok advert over.....
If you want some info on building your own cart, then check this out!

And on to the original question, there are some great emu's out (and up and coming ;)) for the gba, heres a run down:

PocketnesThis is a fantastic nes emu for the GBA, though on some games the sound is iffy, but its full spead.

PocketsmsThis emu is my personal fave, its a sms emu! (it actually posted a new emu while posting this, version 2 demo!! You got it before gbaemu guy's!)

foonA great spectrum emu for gba, with sound, plays very well, full speed worth a look!

Atari 2600This is a very early beta of this emu, it was discountinued, there is another one being made though, so if your a fan, wait for that release.

Any guys i hope this helps, and check out the csv site, and your always welcome to post on the forum. :D
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

well I am just gonna have to get a flashlinker for my GBA then. Just kills me to pay more for it then I paid for the whole system. But then I would imagine playing NES games on it would be great. A Atari 2600 emulator is very nice too.

Might be a stupid question but does anyone know if a GBA would ever be able to emulate the Genesis or Super Nintendo?

I would guess that would be iffy, but then again Im not sure what the system specs of the GBA are.
AmadeusZull
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by AmadeusZull »

i'm just so happy with the development of gba emu - the games rock - and just top notch gaming -

I am no longer an ACE@ite. Never will I kiss his feet is what I don't. And that I don't, is good I do.
Joestar
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Joestar »

"No, it wouldn't be possible at 100% speed. This kind of emulator (like SNES) could be possible at 50% speed maximum because the gba is not enough powerful to do more for 16B emulation... I think that for RPG that would be great even in 50% speed but I don't think that someone will do that because it couldn't be perfect emulation... "

taken from Lancelot from the GBAemu.com forums.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

I figured something like that on 16 bit systems. Still the NES emulator, and possible good atari2600 emulator makes it worthwhile to get a flashlinker. I might just go for the 128 meg or 64 meg version since it is cheaper.
bdisagree
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by bdisagree »

Someone mentioned a few GBA emulators above, are those for the DC? And, if not, are there any GBA emulators for the DC? Are the roms to big? Complex?

Brian
sam17
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by sam17 »

there is actually a project in the way, but is just in early stages.
Dr Zoidberg
The Filth
The Filth

Post by Dr Zoidberg »

bdisagree wrote: Someone mentioned a few GBA emulators above, are those for the DC? And, if not, are there any GBA emulators for the DC? Are the roms to big? Complex?
ATani was making a GBA emu for the DC but it got scrapped when DCGen was canned.
bdisagree
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by bdisagree »

[Quote]
There is actually a project in the way, but is just in early stages.
[/Quote]

Thanks for the good news.

Brian