Top emulation breakthrough of 2001

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.

What was the biggest emulation breakthrough of 2001?

Poll ended at Thu Jan 31, 2002 3:26 pm

Total votes: 0
Hawq1
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Top emulation breakthrough of 2001

Post by Hawq1 »

Vote for the best emulation breakthrough of the year there's bound to be some I've missed so if I missed one that you liked mention it anyway, personally I like the pinball emulation (especially as its nearly impossible to find pinball machines now, it is here anyway). EmuCamp have a top 10 emus of 2001 underway, not in any order of value just the order they came out, find it here http://www.emucamp.com/frames.html?/articles/top102001
Duty is weightier than a mountain while death is as light as a feather.

For those who get really bored, try to figure out where the line above comes from. Put answers in here http://www.dcemulation.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=6188
DuffMan
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by DuffMan »

BleemCast, Because no thought they it was possible, then Bleem made it real. And improved graphics.
OOH! YA! Duffman Says a lot of things.
Dr Zoidberg
The Filth
The Filth

Post by Dr Zoidberg »

CPS2 emulation, mainly because it took so long for it to finally happen, plus the games are great.
Angreifer
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Angreifer »

Definitely Bleemcast. If you haven't played it you don't know what you're missing.
Dr Wily

Post by Dr Wily »

Definitely CPS2.

Bleem!Cast might be technically impressive and all, but to be brutally honest Bleem! isn't the best PSX emulator out there anymore...
Holly Hasney
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Holly Hasney »

It's tough, let me tell you...

Pinball emulation wasn't technically this year. PinMAME existed before that, so emulation existed before this, all they have now is Simulations of the tables themselves so it's actually worth playing ;)

CPS2 DEFINATLY comes over Neo-Geo decryption, as Razoola says, the encryption was a joke ;)

GBA emulation = souped up SNES emulation ;)

Bllem!Cast is stunning, no question about that but it wasn't something that was a huge advance now was it. We all DID know it was possible, Rand was promoting it waaaay back in 2000, and we wasn't going to question him ;). System 11 emulation is something that came out of the blue but again is amazingly great. MAME on DC isn't something that impressive. It's great and all, but we all knew it was possible deep down didn't we? It's not something that just went BAM and took our breath away.

If Model 1/2/3 emulation came out, I would not have listed this and just gone them (Sega Fanboys RULE!).... Did playable System 32 emulation come out 2001 or 2000?, because there is my no. 1 if it was last year! :D
Hawq1
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Hawq1 »

Is anyone still using this? or should it just end now?. Also while Hollywood Hasney is right and pinball emulation wasn't technically last year, it was only last year that it became playable with the birth of Visual Pinball as before then all you could do was mess with settings.
Duty is weightier than a mountain while death is as light as a feather.

For those who get really bored, try to figure out where the line above comes from. Put answers in here http://www.dcemulation.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=6188
Kami

Post by Kami »

cps2!