Genesis on DVD

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
Tubol
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Genesis on DVD

Post by Tubol »

Ok I'm pretty sure many, if not most people on this board will not know of this item. But I have come by a DVD player that has a built in Sega Genesis system.

As this is a hardware based item I can only assume that the Genesis system is also hardware based & not an emu like as available elsewere.

I've not really had the chance to look into this futher, but there does seem to be the option of creating your own rom cd's. Even when the DVD player comes complete with hundreds of genesis games.

I'm unsure what this DVD player may represent, but if the Genesis system is hardware based than I'd say there is now an option for us to play all the games at a perfect level rather than a standard emulated level.

Guess a photo or two would be in order?

Tubol

Fixed for you by IUG
Dr Zoidberg
The Filth
The Filth

Post by Dr Zoidberg »

Yeah, I know somebody who has one of those, it's supposed to be good.

You've posted this in the wrong forum though, it doesn't really have anything to do with the Dreamcast, so...

TOPIC MOVED TO THE GENERAL EMU FORUM
ZacMc
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by ZacMc »

I'd like to know the name and price of this DVD player. Where did you buy it? Lik-Sang? Thanks in advance for any response.

PS. I can't see any of the pictures. :(

Zac
Jagaadelic
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by Jagaadelic »

Shinco 868 DVD/VCD/MP3/Genesis

$259.00 (us dollars) at http://www.lik-sang.com

http://www.lik-sang.com/catalog/product ... ucts_id=91&

DC Compatibility Lists
-[d]colem
-Dream-O-Rama
-SMEG
-oddDC
Hosted by Consolevision
LithJoe
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by LithJoe »

I have a shinco 868, with built in megadrive, it pritty much rules, macrovision free, region free, it'll even play patriot region 1 :). A word of warning though, If you import one of these make sure you get the game disks (9 disks in all 428 games in total) and controllers, lik-sang no longer send these (or the controllers i think, but u can use standard ones) with the dvd (dont think they had a licence for them!) and it is very hard to make the game disk yourself, only 3rd party tools came out to do this and they aint much good. Its a great dvd player, with a lot of functions and worth importing, BUT NOT FROM LIK-SANG ;), plus postage aint cheap!

Any question just ask

LithJoe