re: I heard about a neo geo system emu for DC

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
florida_orange
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

re: I heard about a neo geo system emu for DC

Post by florida_orange »

Hello everyone,

I dunno if this is true, but I heard on irc dalnet in a emulation/roms channel that someone is working on a real Neo Geo emu for the DC D !! They said it was almost done! Here is the link I was given http://www.geocities.com/panopticanus/neodcemu.html I really hope this isn't as dissapointing as tha Supercast......
Dr Wily

Post by Dr Wily »

Well, *warning bells* are;

It has popups - which btw are *expressly forbidden* by geocities, so some unkind soul could easily shut them down by simply emailing Yahoo / Geocities.

They claim to use NEORAGE - reverse engineered? yeah... sure...

In the meantime why don't you use MAMEDC? It has limited NEO-GEO support.
DeGamer1
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by DeGamer1 »

Why is it that everytime someone mentions an emu that has not been discussed here, is always a newbie with one post? *Hint*

As sweet as it would be to have more DC emus, I won't hold my breath for this one.

Just please don't turn this scenario to another "Supercast" discussion. :|
CG1
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by CG1 »

i emailed em, an asked for proof an crap, before anything gets on the site
Dr Wily

Post by Dr Wily »

I'm not saying NEO-GEO emulation isn't possible - it clearly is, look at MAMEDC - but I *don't* see why a project due for a 2002 release needs popups. If you have a released project and need pop ups to support bandwidth on your host site - thats fine.

If you're just *talking* about an emu and have pop ups - you're probably a scammer trying to make a quick buck.

And Geocities come down hard on that kind of thing.

Also, btw, theres no way to 'reverse engineer' a PC application. Period. If there was thered be a lot of 'unoffical' Ultra HLEs floating about.

I have removed the link, because IMHO its a scam - and we really don't need any more of those. If it *is* legit, I'll put it back up - Hell, we'll probably offer hosting, but until I'm *proved* wrong I'm not letting these guys make any money off the gullible.

EDIT: if whoevers behind it would like to remove the popup - and I mean the one that *pays* them, not the geocities one, I'll happily re post their link.

If anyones wondering why I didn't do this for Supercast - I didn't have that power then :P
CG1
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by CG1 »

im not seeing any pop ups..... hmmmm
Dr Wily

Post by Dr Wily »

There was one of those spycam / webcam ones.

It sure as hell was one of theirs because it popped up with their page as a referral ID.

Perhaps our 'mystery poster' changed his mind, or geocities got wind of it...

EDIT: yup, just checked again and its apparently popup free, so I'm adding the link back in.

Be aware if popups come back that suckas being removed *FAST* though.
Last edited by Dr Wily on Tue Nov 20, 2001 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DeGamer1
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by DeGamer1 »

[quote=CG]
im not seeing any pop ups..... hmmmm
[/quote]

I beleive that Nyarlathotep was referring to the Yahoo/Geocities window on the right side of the screen. It would be great if it's real but as Nyarlathotep stated, there are too many clues that hint this to be fake just like supercast.

If they need a host, I beleive that DCVISION would be willing to host them, but don't quote me on that.

EDIT: OK cool, I thought you were referring to the Geocities pop up. I never got any others though.
Last edited by DeGamer1 on Tue Nov 20, 2001 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dr Wily

Post by Dr Wily »

no, geocities popups are cool, you can't do anything about them, and they don't make the webmaster any money.

It was one of those spycam / webcam ones IGN used to be so fond of.

I've replaced the link as the popup has *mysteriously* dissapeared, but if it comes back it will be removed again.

Unfortunately after supercast, it seems all too easy for some lamer to 'invent' something people want to try and scam a quick buck. I know for sure if the supposed N64 emu has pop ups if / when it has a page that suckas going down soooo fast it won't be funny....
Heliophobe_
Smeg Creator
Smeg Creator

Post by Heliophobe_ »

Well, I'm am encouraged by the lack of boasts about perfect speed.

Not to say I think it's real... I don't know enough to form an opinion on it, but the relative lack of red flags and a coherant web page are a good sign.

I'll ask about becoming a beta tester.
Dr Wily

Post by Dr Wily »

fixing date for 007
Sub Woofer
DCEmu Cop
DCEmu Cop

Post by Sub Woofer »

DeGamer wrote: Why is it that everytime someone mentions an emu that has not been discussed here, is always a newbie with one post? *Hint*
Well, it was posted on the main page once,

but I agree with you...

Also, howcome the creators never post on the boards? Most of the legit coders have at least once...

I think it may be something to do with IP adresses, and them not wanting to reveal their true identity ;)

As for this Neo Geo emulator, I'd take everything with a pinch of salt, theres been a lot of fake emu's recently.

Spiderman! Spiderman! Friendy Neighbourhood Spiderman!
Spins a web... any size..... catches thiefs, just like flies!
WATCH OUT... here comes the Spiderman!