Nintendo Switch

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
mankrip
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Nintendo Switch

Post by mankrip »

I've got a New 3DS XL for Street Fighter IV. The Switch offers Street Fighter II.

Zelda can be good, but it isn't my kind of game.

The Switch doesn't have stereoscopic 3D.

The New 3DS has more games, and despite the resolution, it can also do really good graphics if the developers don't care about compatibility with old 3DS systems.

The New 3DS is more portable.

The 3DS can't output to a TV, but I don't play on TVs anymore anyway.

The 3DS has a true d-pad built in.

The 3DS doesn't support external secondary controllers, but I don't have friends to play games with anyway.

The 3DS doesn't support motion controls, but IMO motion controls only works well for games played on a TV.

I have zero reasons to buy a Switch.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh mankrip Hell's end wgah'nagl fhtagn.
==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==
Dev blog / Twitter / YouTube
Matisfaction
I can't get no.....

Post by Matisfaction »

3DS is still the best console going IMO. Now it has a Metroid 2 remake, Slam Dunk!
mrandyk
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by mrandyk »

I can't believe the amount of usernames I still recognize here.

I love my Switch. I really think Nintendo is doing things...better...this time around. I'd like to say they are doing things right, but we are 6 months in and I still don't have a Virtual Console and online play is garbage. I enjoyed Zelda and many smaller titles, Mario+Rabbids is great, and Mario Odyssey looks like a great game.

Hardware has an "it" factor about it. I love the seamless transition from couch to TV play, as well as being able to just take it anywhere. Two built in controllers is awesome too in a world where I'd have to spend fucking $65 for a new PS4 controller.
mankrip
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by mankrip »

The Switch is starting to look interesting for me, but still isn't. My 3DS still has lots of play & replay value.

Virtual Console offerings are also paltry on the New 3DS. The best use of VC would be to play Nintendo 64 games in true 3D, but the extremely few N64 games for the 3DS are upgraded remastered conversions rather than emulated. Not to mention that they're less than a handful, and first-party titles only.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh mankrip Hell's end wgah'nagl fhtagn.
==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==
Dev blog / Twitter / YouTube
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Mario looks amazing. I'm not going to buy one for it though because I can't see what else will come along. There won't be another Zelda or Mario anytime soon - see you next gen guys. Now what's going to fill the next few years?
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Nico0020 »

Random thoughts. I visited my family over the holidays and my nephew had a switch. As someone who has lost faith in Nintendo, I gotta say I can totally see the appeal. My nephew has a gaming PC and an xboxone, he hasnt touched either since the switch happened. The portable aspect of it doesn't do anything for me being a 30 year old man who is not wanting to play a switch on the train/subway, but is totally awesome for kids and families. That being said, I'm glad to see Nintendo being....something again in my eyes. As they haven't been much in a long time for me. I'll find a way to play that new zelda someday though.
*The Cadillac of signatures*
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

I should probably update this. My wife got me one for Christmas and we love it. I flew back to China for a trip in February and it was great getting the Switch out with my son and playing some Mario Kart on the plane. It would be my perfect console but I'm gutted the specs rule it out of so many current gen games. This is always going to be its problem and I can't see any way for NIntendo to get away from that.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Unfortunately I have somehow ended up having a PS4 and Xbox One in my household, but no Switch, which is the only one I want out of the three.

Hmph.

(The Xbox One I bought for 4K media playback but decided against it the same day I got it but Target wouldn't accept the return. It's been in a box ever since then as I've been too lazy to sell it. The PS4 is my girlfriend's)
It's thinking...