Backward compatability resurgence

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

Backward compatability resurgence

Post by cube_b3 »

Well it's in the news

Best to throw a link for the unaware:
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-o ... 0-6429894/

I bought 360 for the backward compatibility, however it was pretty horrible. I only played Max Payne 1 & 2. I wanted to play games such as Crazy Taxi 3, HeadHunter2, and Sonic Heroes. All I ended up playing was Max Payne 1 & 2. So it had some good backward compatibility, some terrible and other games like Crazy Taxi 3 that simply didn't work. I switched to a PS3 (60 GB) for a flawless (and enhancement less) experience.

As DMF I find current gen useless. It is just an upgrade brought on by product life cycles rather than a true leap in hardware.
The worse thing about current gen is the absence of BC, it looks like that may be changing soon.

Whichever console gets 100% backward compatibility first with a 6th Gen Console is the one I am going to buy.
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Backward compatability resurgence

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

Now that their hardware is on x86, I don't think it's possible for every console forward to NOT be backwards compatible. All that means is more titles available for download, more purchases, more money. Steam is a perfect example of that.
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
PH3NOM
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by PH3NOM »

Youll probably have to wait forever, lol, I seriously doubt M$ will achieve 100% compatibility.
They are emulating the 360 games, have you ever seen an emulator that is 100% compatible?

IMO, PS4 lacks the power to emulate the unique PS3 Cell CPU, a Sony rep said "if it was easy, we’d have done that"
http://www.gamezone.com/news/sony-not-i ... s4-3421377

It sounds like Sony could introduce a Streaming Service, using Cloud Computing to stream PS3 Games onto your PS4.
Kind of like how I stream games from my PC in my bedroom using Nvidia GameStream, and play them on my OUYA in my living room using a reverse-engineered Nvidia Shield Android App called MoonLight.

Then the lines start to blur, if you can cloud stream PS3 games onto a PS4, then technically, couldnt you cloud stream PS4 games onto a PS3? :lol:

However, I am excited that M$ is doing this. Here is me wishing that one day this emulator will be available on PC :P
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast
Been thanked: 0

Post by DaMadFiddler »

I'm convinced that Sony sees the end of dedicated game consoles coming, and is laying the groundwork to turn "PlayStation" into a streaming/on-demand brand.
Eviltaco64X
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by Eviltaco64X »

Sony is interested in using PS Now to stream PS4 games in the near future.

Will hackers find a way to stream it onto a PS3? For the sake of lulz, I hope so