360/PS3 Games for Sale

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

360/PS3 Games for Sale

Post by cube_b3 »

Most of you know that I am pursuing a degree in Digital Media to pursue a career as a blogger/web developer. So I am doing a little fund raiser for myself.

I got some games and I thought best to show them here, before eBay or Craiglist.

PS3

Assassin's Creed
Assassin's Creed Ezio Trilogy [sold]
Beyond 2 Souls [sold]
Dead Rising 2
Demon Souls
Shadow of the Damned [sold]
Just Cause 2 [sold]
Heavenly Sword
Katamari Forever
L.A. Noire
Metal Gear Solid Collection [sold]
Ninja Gaiden
Red Dead Redemption
Ratchet and Clank: Tools of Destruction
Ratchet and Clank: A Crank in Time
Uncharted
Uncharted 2
Final Fantasy 13
UFC
Yakuza 3
Yakuza 4

Xbox 360

Lost Planet
Devil May Cry 4 Collector's Edition [sold]
Grand Theft Auto 4
Perfect Dark Zero Collector's Edition

I've not really put a lot into the pricing so here it goes:
1 game for $20
2 games for $30
4 games for $45
5 games for $50

Buyer pays shipping

I also have a mint condition Red Resident Evil 5 Xbox 360 limited edition with Street Fighter 2 HD and RE5. If anyone is interested in that make offer.

So this is a pilot study for downsizing my collection, I have a massive retro collection that we can talk about after these are all gone.
Attachments
20150518_205556.jpg
Last edited by cube_b3 on Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:56 pm, edited 5 times in total.
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Re: 360/PS3 Games for Sale

Post by cube_b3 »

Also if anyone wants to give me advice on selling my stuff that is welcomed as well.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

1 game for $20
2 games for $30
4 games for $45
5 games for $50

makes more sense surely? Unless you feel people are more likely to buy 2 games rather than 3 or 4 and would like to encourage them to do so. Just seems weird that the third and fourth games cost you more to add-on (individually) than the second.

Some good games in there though! Good luck selling.
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by DaMadFiddler »

Be wary of selling that retro collection.

As someone who's gone back and forth a couple of times over the years as to whether or not having a large library is worth it... you may think you prefer the cash and/or space now, but a little later, you'll swing back around to wishing you still had Item X and then be shocked to discover how much more expensive and harder to find it is then than it was when you got it.

Unless you absolutely need the money or the space, or you've got an alternate solution you're sure you'll be happy with (e.g., you already have all the games from your collection emulated, and you're positive you'll be content with that), hold onto the collection.

Also, now is the best time to buy (and thus worst time to sell) PS3/360 stuff. It is the recently deceased generation, with everybody migrating or recently migrated to the next generation, which means the market is saturated with people cashing out and clearing out their previous-gen games. Now is the time to pick up any games you might have missed, because value is at its lowest and availability is at its highest. If you want to get the best value for your collection, you're best waiting until it's at *least* 2 generations old (the longer the better) and a bit more scarce.
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

Hmmm.... thanks for all the input.
I have revised the post.
Although I've put half the games on eBay already, I don't think they will here.

As a game collector I have an archive that stretches to a time before I was even born and I can confidently say games make the worst collectibles if you expect ROI. 90% of the things in my collection have devaluated.

Videogame collection should be done for the sake of nostalgia and not something to profit off of, because that is stupid. It's a waste of time and money. Also it is a stupid way to inflate market prices, games should go into the hands of players...

I was stupid enough to spend 450$ for My Resident Evil 5 Limited Edition Xbox 360, thinking it may actually go up in price it is worth less than half of what I paid for...

With the exception of my Dreamcast collection, I plan on selling EVERYTHING. The contemporary games should be easy. It's the retro stuff I have to be careful with, not just for moneys sake but they need to go to someone who is as crazy as I was.
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

Encountering a weird problem at eBay.

I've sold a few games successfully and have 15 games listed.

I was trying to add more games and now it is asking 0.30$ listing fees.
I looked and looked couldn't determine why.
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

eBay randomly took 6.81$ out of my PayPal.

Wtf?

All the listed games were free listings?

Any advice.

P.S. The eBay asshole thread can be merged with this one...
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

You sold some games, right?

Listing and selling aren't the same thing. The difference is that if a freely listed item doesn't sell, you don't have to pay anything for having put it up. But if it sells, eBay's gonna come knocking and they'll want their money.
It's thinking...
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

You know selling games at your local retro store for peanuts doesn't seem that bad of an idea anymore...

I've sold 5 games for less than 50$.

On top of that USPS has always managed to charge me more than the money eBay charged the seller.

Additionally I have to buy envelopes none of the buyers ever choose priority mail. They always choose First Class.
Then there is the drive to the post office. I am smart in the sense I make sure auctions end on the same day, so I don't have to make multiple trips but forgetting the cost price of a game, I doubt I am breaking even from a personal investment stand point.

I made a loss of roughly 5$ on shipping.
eBay charges roughly 7$ for whatever.
I spend roughly 1$ on the padded envelope.

So out of the roughly 50$ I have made, I have lost approximately 15$ on miscellaneous expenses.

Hmmm...
DaMadFiddler
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by DaMadFiddler »

You could try either listing the games as a lot, or selling on Craigslist.

As I mentioned, though, right now is the worst time to sell PS3 and 360 stuff. It is old but recent, and people are in the process of transitioning to the new generation of consoles, so the market is flooded. You'd be much better served waiting a few years and trying again.
cube_b3
Ex-Newsposter
Ex-Newsposter

Post by cube_b3 »

Fair enough
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Why are you setting it up so that you don't get enough money for shipping charges? Just charge a flat $6 for shipping using Small Priority Mail Flat Rate boxes which are $5.95. You can order the boxes online for free, game cases will fit inside them just fine and won't be damaged in the shipping process, and then you can schedule the mailman to pick them up for shipping for free during your normal daily mail delivery.

That eliminates your shipping issues and your time/gas spent driving to the post office.
It's thinking...