Pokemon ORAS Discussion

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
Specially Cork
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

Pokemon ORAS Discussion

Post by Specially Cork »

There's been so much excitement in this forum about Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire that I think it's clear we need a separate discussion thread for it.

As a long-term Pokemon Newsletter subscriber I've just received my demo code and am happily downloading right now. Apparently there will be new events everyday and you can carry across some Pokemon and all your items into the main game, so it's going to be pretty awesome having this to play through waiting the final month until release.

One of the coolest changes is that the classic HM Fly actually lets you Fly this time and you don't have to use your imagination - you can travel across the overworld map Final Fantasy style for the first time ever. Although, I assume that won't really be until the end of the game.

The other really brilliant thing is that between Pokemon XY and ORAS you'll be able to catch every single Pokemon ever, without the need to do any weird transferring. Considering the 3DS and WiFi and uses SD cards for storage that should make it much easier in the future to trade between generations. Completing a full National Dex these days must be quite the undertaking...

I've been busy Googling trying to find an old blog of mine as I remember writing my thoughts and opinions on Pokemon Ruby when I was a cringey teenager, but alas it seems to have disappeared. :?

Anyway...November 21st midnight download for me. Hype hype hype.
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Re: Pokemon ORAS Discussion

Post by pixel »

Have they said where Ash's dad is at? Excuse me, the one I played was Blue, so I don't know if it was answered in the sequel.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

What on EARTH are you talking about?

The characters in Ruby and Sapphire are Brendan and May. Why would you play as Ash? He is already the best there ever was.

pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by pixel »

Aren't they all Ash? Do you honestly think they are developing new characters each game? By the time Pokémon Opal comes out, it'll be revealed as a computer generation. See, in the real world, the Pokémon are ravaging the lands. So Professor Oak created a simulated universe to gather intel on those pocket monsters. Each battle in the virtual world is more information on how to battle the Pokémons in real life. I've talked with developers, and they agree with me.