Crazy Taxi - iPhone/iPad - $4.99 - Original soundtrack back

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
Specially Cork
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

Crazy Taxi - iPhone/iPad - $4.99 - Original soundtrack back

Post by Specially Cork »

Yes, the proper version of the Dreamcast classic now makes it to iOS devices with tilt controls and YA YA YA YA YA

It's not much more than a straight port, but I figured some people here might still be interested.
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Crazy Taxi - iPhone/iPad - $4.99 - Original soundtrack b

Post by Smiley »

Hopefully it comes to android. I have been playing chu chu rocket on it.
mankrip
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by mankrip »

Hopefully it will come to Android with support to hardware buttons and analog nub.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh mankrip Hell's end wgah'nagl fhtagn.
==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==
Dev blog / Twitter / YouTube
Juan
DCEmu Commie
DCEmu Commie

Post by Juan »

mankrip wrote:Hopefully it will come to Android with support to hardware buttons and analog nub.
Xperia Play? Maybe a chinese console? Do tell.
mankrip
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by mankrip »

I'm waiting to see whether the Archos Gamepad handheld will have true analog nubs.

The Xperia Play could also be an option, but its specs are somewhat outdated by now.

The Chinese ones are hopeless, all of them uses keyboard circuits instead of gamepad ones.
==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==
mankrip
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by mankrip »

CVG wrote:Sega has also confirmed today that the game is headed to Android "soon", so people who love to hate Apple can play too.
Hooray!
==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

I thought about it, but I was weary of the touch controls. It's what puts me off from most iOS ports, actually.
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

Yeah, Crazy Taxi required VERY FAST controls. I think it'd be borderline unplayable for me with touch controls.
How to be a Conservative:
You have to believe everything that has ever gone wrong in the history of your country was due to Liberals.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Lartrak wrote:Yeah, Crazy Taxi required VERY FAST controls. I think it'd be borderline unplayable for me with touch controls.
It's fine. I don't know why people still take issue with touch-controls. They've been vastly improved over the last year or two.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

Specially Cork wrote:
Lartrak wrote:Yeah, Crazy Taxi required VERY FAST controls. I think it'd be borderline unplayable for me with touch controls.
It's fine. I don't know why people still take issue with touch-controls. They've been vastly improved over the last year or two.
Even when they are 'vastly improved', they still suck over physical buttons.

Honestly, though, how are we 5 years into the iPhone's life and still not have a physical button solution that every developer can get behind? I've seen half a dozen controllers, all with different layouts, hardware communications, and software support. Why can we just not get a universal controller standard that would make all sides happy?
Smiley
DCEmu Ultra Fan
DCEmu Ultra Fan

Post by Smiley »

I'm still playing sonic the hedgehog 4 episode 2 on my android. That and so ic cd.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

melancholy wrote:
Specially Cork wrote:

Honestly, though, how are we 5 years into the iPhone's life and still not have a physical button solution that every developer can get behind? I've seen half a dozen controllers, all with different layouts, hardware communications, and software support. Why can we just not get a universal controller standard that would make all sides happy?
It's going to have to come from Apple. I can see many reasons why big-name publishers aren't going to pick and choose between all the indie controllers out there, and even those with plenty of other support (such as iCade) haven't really done very well in the long-term.

Would Apple ever release one? It's always a possibility, but I doubt they'd release an iPhone specifically for gaming, and any sort of detachable accessory for the standard model probably doesn't fit in with how anal they are regarding design. Then there's the depressing top-grossing app list - home to nothing that wants or needs a controller.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

melancholy wrote:
Specially Cork wrote:

I agree completely and it's why I don't get games for my iPhone unless there's little to no action involved.

Sure, touch controls could be 'improved', but they still won't afford me the complete control that a real controller would. And I just get frustrated if I don't do as well as I could have because I can't communicate myself to the device properly.
It's thinking...
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by pixel »

melancholy wrote:
Specially Cork wrote:

I wish Bluetooth was a standard for non-jailbroken iPhones. Then you could either use a Wiimote or a PS3 controller.