DCEmulation

dreamcast development • homebrew software • hardware hacking • indie games • emulators • and more!
Back to main site
It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:16 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:33 am 

Yes, the proper version of the Dreamcast classic now makes it to iOS devices with tilt controls and YA YA YA YA YA

It's not much more than a straight port, but I figured some people here might still be interested.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:05 am 
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Hopefully it comes to android. I have been playing chu chu rocket on it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 12:47 pm 
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Hopefully it will come to Android with support to hardware buttons and analog nub.

⇈ ⇊ ⇆ ⇆ B A Start

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:43 pm 
DCEmu Commie
DCEmu Commie

mankrip wrote:
Hopefully it will come to Android with support to hardware buttons and analog nub.

Xperia Play? Maybe a chinese console? Do tell.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:26 am 
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

I'm waiting to see whether the Archos Gamepad handheld will have true analog nubs.

The Xperia Play could also be an option, but its specs are somewhat outdated by now.

The Chinese ones are hopeless, all of them uses keyboard circuits instead of gamepad ones.

⇈ ⇊ ⇆ ⇆ B A Start

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:54 pm 
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

CVG wrote:
Sega has also confirmed today that the game is headed to Android "soon", so people who love to hate Apple can play too.

Hooray!

⇈ ⇊ ⇆ ⇆ B A Start

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:50 pm 
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

I thought about it, but I was weary of the touch controls. It's what puts me off from most iOS ports, actually.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:04 am 
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Yeah, Crazy Taxi required VERY FAST controls. I think it'd be borderline unplayable for me with touch controls.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:20 pm 

Lartrak wrote:
Yeah, Crazy Taxi required VERY FAST controls. I think it'd be borderline unplayable for me with touch controls.

It's fine. I don't know why people still take issue with touch-controls. They've been vastly improved over the last year or two.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:26 pm 
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Specially Cork wrote:
Lartrak wrote:

It's fine. I don't know why people still take issue with touch-controls. They've been vastly improved over the last year or two.

Even when they are 'vastly improved', they still suck over physical buttons.

Honestly, though, how are we 5 years into the iPhone's life and still not have a physical button solution that every developer can get behind? I've seen half a dozen controllers, all with different layouts, hardware communications, and software support. Why can we just not get a universal controller standard that would make all sides happy?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 8:29 pm 
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

I'm still playing sonic the hedgehog 4 episode 2 on my android. That and so ic cd.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:08 pm 

melancholy wrote:
Specially Cork wrote:
Lartrak wrote:

Honestly, though, how are we 5 years into the iPhone's life and still not have a physical button solution that every developer can get behind? I've seen half a dozen controllers, all with different layouts, hardware communications, and software support. Why can we just not get a universal controller standard that would make all sides happy?

It's going to have to come from Apple. I can see many reasons why big-name publishers aren't going to pick and choose between all the indie controllers out there, and even those with plenty of other support (such as iCade) haven't really done very well in the long-term.

Would Apple ever release one? It's always a possibility, but I doubt they'd release an iPhone specifically for gaming, and any sort of detachable accessory for the standard model probably doesn't fit in with how anal they are regarding design. Then there's the depressing top-grossing app list - home to nothing that wants or needs a controller.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 5:18 pm 
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

melancholy wrote:
Specially Cork wrote:
Lartrak wrote:

I agree completely and it's why I don't get games for my iPhone unless there's little to no action involved.

Sure, touch controls could be 'improved', but they still won't afford me the complete control that a real controller would. And I just get frustrated if I don't do as well as I could have because I can't communicate myself to the device properly.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:59 am 
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

melancholy wrote:
Specially Cork wrote:
Lartrak wrote:

I wish Bluetooth was a standard for non-jailbroken iPhones. Then you could either use a Wiimote or a PS3 controller.