Final Fantasy XIII-2 Demo

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
Calavera
DCEmu Classic User
DCEmu Classic User
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0

Re: Final Fantasy XIII-2 Demo

Post by Calavera »

Just replay Grandia II or Skies of Arcadia if you want an awesome RPG
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Well, I beat it. Took me a whopping 19 hours. Definitely the shortest JRPG I have ever played. Granted, there's loads of sidequests I didn't do but they're all just hollow fetch quests so I'll be leaving that bollocks. I'm pissed I live in China and there's nowhere to flog this second hand. It is the worst game I have ever beaten.

Beyond all the other total shit that I'm raging about, including the last dungeon which is essentially a huge platforming maze where you navigate rotating tetris blocks amidst random battles, the ending is total fucking bollocks.

Why?

Because it doesn't end!

You get absolutely no resolution whatsoever to the story arc at all and a "To be continued" message. Where will it be continued? In FF13-3? Nope. In DLC! That's right. I pay $50 for an 18 hour RPG, then get told the ending will be sold separately once I've beaten it. Squeenix have committed an ass-dicking lower than even the likes of EA can stoop.

0/10
DanteJay
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster
Been thanked: 0

Post by DanteJay »

Specially Cork wrote:Because it doesn't end!

You get absolutely no resolution whatsoever to the story arc at all and a "To be continued" message. Where will it be continued? In FF13-3? Nope. In DLC!
Seriously!? O_O

I almost don't believe you, cause that's such a dick move.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

DanteJay wrote:
Specially Cork wrote:Because it doesn't end!

You get absolutely no resolution whatsoever to the story arc at all and a "To be continued" message. Where will it be continued? In FF13-3? Nope. In DLC!
Seriously!? O_O

I almost don't believe you, cause that's such a dick move.
Well, there could very well be a 13-3, but they've already announced that one of the reasons the game was left open is to allow for DLC that will continue the game.

Now on the face of it that's no different from a trilogy of games where you need to get them all to tie-up the main narrative. However, the key structure to any ongoing series, in any medium, is the conclusion of additional story arcs. Lots of things finish up to give you an ending...apart from one thing which gives you a cliffhanger for the next instalment. That's how you keep people wanting more, but also reward them for the time they've put in so far.

I'm angry because 13-2 concludes nothing at all. Without wanting to go into spoilers nobody will read, just imagine any JRPG you've played in the past just cutting off in the middle. You know the point; your party seems to be making progress, everything is going according to plan, then there's a big game-changing reveal and the second part of the game opens up.

That's where the 13-2 credits roll. You're literally left high and dry in a situation worse than the one you started in, then that's it. More moneys plz!!11
legit nyck
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by legit nyck »

Specially Cork wrote:(Archylte Steppe with dance music...oh dear)
hehehehehehe O dear tense agree
PsO Brazilian Hunter RAmar
Klonoa
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu
Been thanked: 0

Post by Klonoa »

Finished the game a few days ago I thought the game was pretty okay. It was fast paced enough not to make feel discouraged from quitting so that was a good thing since some of the locations can feel tedious but bearable. The game is arcadey since combat is very spammy with aoe spells. The last boss fights were my favorite moments of the game it took me like two days to beat I had to grind a bit and fix up my Pardigm skills it made me appreciate the battle system since it's very fast paced.

Anyways I'd give it a 7.5-8.0

Jeeba Jabba wrote:
Wow. Sure is surprising to see you dropping in.
R..really? :oops: I try to sprinkle my posts a from time to time. )()(

But yeah this is still a nice community even if it's not as active.