Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
Specially Cork
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

Post by Specially Cork »

Anyone else played the demo? I'm more hyped for this than anything else right now (including FF). All the arcadey-action and visual style of Fable mixed with a proper RPG system and none of the oddball Britishness. Has a certain WoW feel to it as well in a way. It could turn out to be a fairly cliche button masher fantasy game, but there's just as much potential for it to be something pretty epic.

This, FF13-2, The Last Story , ME3 and Tales of Graces F...5 RPGs within little more than a month of each other. :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=101648&p=1030238#p1030238

It's going to be great. Tuesday can't get here quick enough. I haven't played Skyrim or The Old Republic in weeks due to my anticipation for this. Been keeping up with all of the diaries and blogs since last summer.
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

I tried out the demo. While I thought the whole quest setup and equipment was a lot like WoW, it felt too much like Fable to me, and I'm not a fan of Fable. There's the possibility that I would like it if I ever gave it a chance, but honestly there are too many games needing played that I probably won't ever pick it up.
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

Loving it.
Specially Cork

Post by Specially Cork »

Jeeba Jabba wrote:Loving it.
I can't pretend it's anywhere near as epic and mindblowing as Skyrim, but the gameplay is definitely there. Despite a few flaws I'm loving it too. As an MMO-fiend I find the general setup particularly addictive.
DanteJay
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by DanteJay »

Specially Cork wrote:
I can't pretend it's anywhere near as epic and mindblowing as Skyrim, but the gameplay is definitely there. Despite a few flaws I'm loving it too. As an MMO-fiend I find the general setup particularly addictive.
Played a bit of it with a friend yesterday. Also played the demo to get the unlock-able armor for Mass Effect 3. Funny enough though, I kept thinking the same thing in relation to Skyrim. I'm not sure if I'll play through Reckoning, so I'll probably wait until more people complete the game to find out if it gets much better than the first couple of hours.
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

Specially Cork wrote:

Agreed. The world is technically bigger, but it's pretty confined so far... No huge draw distances...