What does Bleem! mean?

Here lies the historical and much-loved bleemcast! forum, once frequented and moderated by Rand Linden himself, preserved for future generations to enjoy. All new bleemcast!-related posts should be made in the main forum below.
Javex
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

What does Bleem! mean?

Post by Javex »

What does Bleem! mean?

This has been bugging me for years.

I have heard it may mean Best Little Emulator Ever Made or Best Legal Emulator Ever Made.

Rand, Thanks again for all the hard work
Last edited by Javex on Tue Nov 06, 2001 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
MrFaust
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by MrFaust »

you will never know. i'm not being rude, it's jus tthe truth, even back in the pc beta days, Rand would never tell even us testers. Some thought it was something Mork from the Mork and Mindy show use to say, then there was the odd rumor that it was the name of his pet sheep :P

anyways, i highly doubt Rand will ever say what it really means.
Schnapple
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by Schnapple »

I'm pretty sure I remember hearing that it doesn't really mean anything. It's just a fun nonsense word that looks neat in that bubbly font they put it in.

For example, Zork is a nonsense word that was floating around MIT in the mid to late 70's. It was used to describe bugs ("there's a Zork in the system"). When Marc Blank and the others decided to try and release their text adventure experiement Dungeon commercially, they decided to rename it lest TSR (makers of Dungeons & Dragons) wanted to sue them, so they called the three games they had to split it up into (due to size limitations on the computers of the day) the Zork games.

Also, it probably acts as a comfort agent for people. When they see Virtual Game Station they say "oooh, too technical for me" but when they see Bleem! they say "hey that's cute - what is it?"

But yeah it could be some really long running joke on the part of the Bleem company.

Also it seems that Bleem really is a last name. Witness George Bleem, owner of George Bleem Associates, a furniture contractor:

http://www.bleem-associates.com/

Found that one by accident the other day.

Schnapple
Dr Wily

Post by Dr Wily »

fixing date for 007
ThatGreenJesus
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by ThatGreenJesus »