GT2

Here lies the historical and much-loved bleemcast! forum, once frequented and moderated by Rand Linden himself, preserved for future generations to enjoy. All new bleemcast!-related posts should be made in the main forum below.
SurXes
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

GT2

Post by SurXes »

GT2 one of the best PSX games, im thinking about buying Bleem! for GT2 i want to play it on my DC hear the graphics look sweet but i have a few questions first.

are load times improved?

whats this i hear about needing to re-format my VMU?

only PSX games on that VMU that im playing on?

Mad Catz 2 Steering Wheel anyone got this does it work good?
~.::?urXes 6raffiX::.

"Distributor local street corner contributor"~J5
Schnapple
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by Schnapple »

are load times improved?
Yep. Though I never played it extensively on the PSX/PS2 I have noticed some of the "loading screens" are nonexistent.
whats this i hear about needing to re-format my VMU?
It has to do with how the PSX handles memory cards. Supposedly there's no way around it - what the PSX sees it has to think of in terms of PSX memory card so it can't be "half DC/half PSX" memory card. As a result the game (because the PSX didn't do this in BIOS) has to format the memory card.
only PSX games on that VMU that im playing on?
Yep - the games will think it's a PSX memory card with 15 blocks. GT2's data takes up four, the replays take four each. There were plans to make something called a "Bleempod" which would allow for the usage of PSX controllers and memory cards, but it never came out. However the programming for it is in the Bleemcast packs, so maybe...
Mad Catz 2 Steering Wheel anyone got this does it work good?
I do know that Steering Wheels for the DC do in fact work with Bleemcast, even with the MGS and TK3 packs, but if this one works well I don't know. I would imagine if it works well with DC games it would work for this as well.
superfly_bonzai
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by superfly_bonzai »

call me strange but i actually preferred gt to gt2, i liked the music better , felt the in game menus were much easier to get round, the fact u have too swap discs too to get to arcade mode too really put me off gt2.
how now brown cow?
Vlad Tepes
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Vlad Tepes »

Man...stop asking questions and go buy the pack...if you can find it. I think all Gran Turismo fans owe it to themselves to buy Bleem! for GT2.
superfly_bonzai
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by superfly_bonzai »

i actually do have bleem gt2, yes it is a well emulated game but i still prefere the original gran turismo
how now brown cow?
The Biz
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by The Biz »

I have all the gran turismos series and I like each one even more than the last. GT2 was kind of boring to me because I could beat every race with either a fully modded civic or escudo pike's peak version. They kind of messed up how they let you enter races that weren't really your car type. GT2 bleem! was just a fix before GT3 for me. I like that game best. It's way more challenging and has the nicest graphics.
JuniorCrb
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by JuniorCrb »

yes GT2 was the best, Sega GT was a really good DC game but didn't get much attention because of GT3.
TheDumbAss
QuakeDev Mod
QuakeDev Mod

Post by TheDumbAss »

GT3 was a disappointment to me.

GT3 is a stripped down GT2 with better graphics. Less cars, less races, less gameplay time, and lower replay value. Graphics are good but still not that great. Hell they still havent figured out how to hide (if not eleminate) Popup. With all the hype they put out while making it I expected a lot more.

But back to the topic...
GT2 in bleem! is great. If you like GT and/or GT2 you should get bleem! for GT2.
My old Sig was broken. Enter the new Sig!
Schnapple
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by Schnapple »

When I play GT2 I get the same trepidous feeling I get when I start reading a 1000 page book - I like it, but I'm nervous about the idea that I'll never finish it.