My thoughts about Bleemcast

Here lies the historical and much-loved bleemcast! forum, once frequented and moderated by Rand Linden himself, preserved for future generations to enjoy. All new bleemcast!-related posts should be made in the main forum below.
FryGuy
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

My thoughts about Bleemcast

Post by FryGuy »

I guess they won?t release the sourcecode for emulator, because of all the work they put on it, but it would be nice if they could put up the bleemcast cds for download for free, when they are all sold out (without the copyprotection of course).. But perhaps Sony will sue them even more if they do.. im not sure..
dreamcaster1
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by dreamcaster1 »

i doubt sony could sue them if they released it for free it then lands in a legal grey area sony could get a injuction to stop the distrubition of it but once you got it its yours its kinda strange a while back movie studios tried to stop people from taping hbo movies saying it was against the law for them to do that a judge ruled that if it comes in to your home you have a right to keep it thats why companies like sega sony and nintendo cant really come after you for roms if they make it into your home there then yours but if you distribute them you are then breaking the law so with this we could say that bleem might get in trouble for making it public but once its out sony cant kick your door down and take it back or sue you for it
Schnapple
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by Schnapple »

The main leg Sony had to stand on was that PlayStation was a brand name of theirs and Bleem was someone besides Sony making money off of the PlayStation brand. They claimed that Bleem had violated Sony patents by creating Bleem. Also, since BleemPC wasn't perfect, Sony claimed that Bleem was decreasing the value of the Sony brand since it made the games look bad or work wrong in some cases. As for Bleemcast, Sony was obviously irked considerably about the notion of their system's games being on a competitor's console and, had it all worked out, their games being used to sell a competitor's console.

When Galoob released the Game Genie for the NES, Nintendo sued them but the only thing they could stand on was the notion that the Game Genie made the NES less valuable because it made the games too easy to beat. Nintendo lost that case.

Schnapple
w1nedap00h
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by w1nedap00h »

What?? I can't believe nintendo tried that. I still dont get how sony can sue bleem for this if it totally backward engineered. That should be totally legal.
Cameleon
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

and now?

Post by Cameleon »

good evning my dear friends,

I think is great what you're doing here.I myself own a DreamCast and a few great games on this platform ...but no great racing ones .. and GT2 is a great racing game...
I couldn't get a copy of Bleem!cast till now ...and now Bleem! is takeing a break..
I know I'll get a tempban for this ...but I no longer have (as all of us do...) the availability to get a bleemcast.. I don't say I want to be craked ...because someone had a dream (sadly this dream didn't come true)... I think someone should talk with the one who developed this software and get to a compromise ..a payed download in my opinion it should work...
We must do something for the ones that didn't get bleemcast at that time...!