Bleem!cast MGS + PSX controller?

Here lies the historical and much-loved bleemcast! forum, once frequented and moderated by Rand Linden himself, preserved for future generations to enjoy. All new bleemcast!-related posts should be made in the main forum below.
Gii
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Bleem!cast MGS + PSX controller?

Post by Gii »

Hi.

I was wondering I anyonew have tried a DreamConnection 3in1 adapter with a PSX controller when playing Bleem!cast MGS.

It would be much better if I could use a PSX controller rather that the DC-
controller.

Anyone done this?
The Biz
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by The Biz »

I have the Dream Connection 4 in 1. It works fine for TK3 but it doesn't work well enough for MGS. The problem is that you cant use the codec or quick select buttons. On all dreamcast games, and most emus, when you have the analog button on the d pad acts as the d pad on the dc controller and the analog stick acts as the analog stick on the dc controller. For some reason with bleem MGS only the d pad on the psx controller only acts as the analog stick on the dc controller and the analog stick on the psx controller is useless, regardless if the analog function is on. So basically you can't save, use quick select, or look up and down slowly. I just use the DC controller.

I also have another psx, ps2 kb/mouse, ss, vmu adapter. Its white and says innovation on it. I got it from ebgames.com I haven't even bothered trying that one because it doesn't support rumble and vmu support corrupts frequently.

So your best bet is probably the DC controller.
Ali G wrote: 7 years from now?

i'll be playing dc games on my pc. i perfer my pc 2 run emus.

so y do i post here then?

heh tough question.
Gii

Post by Gii »

Okay thanx.

But damn, I had really hoped on this working, coz I feel that I do NOT get the same control using the DC-analog as steering/controling as to when I use the digital pad for steering/controling.

I wish I had a DreamConnection + ALL psx/psx2 controllers so I could do a 120% check on this. It must work someway..

but thanx for your help...
dreamcaster1
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by dreamcaster1 »

i have heard the controller that lik-sang made for the dc that looks like the psx controller has support for all the buttons and was made for bleem
Schnapple
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by Schnapple »

If you'll recall Bleem planned on making a "Bleempad" which was a PSX-style pad. They actually had some other company conjure up a prototype and the protocols for it. It never saw the light of day but the three Bleemcast discs did have support for it, in case it ever did. In theory if Lik-Sang's pad had figured out this Bleempad protocol, it could function as a full PSX pad.

Schnapple