My tribute...

Here lies the historical and much-loved bleemcast! forum, once frequented and moderated by Rand Linden himself, preserved for future generations to enjoy. All new bleemcast!-related posts should be made in the main forum below.
TheDumbAss
QuakeDev Mod
QuakeDev Mod
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

My tribute...

Post by TheDumbAss »

This is somewhat lame... but its the best I can think of. I'm deffinatly not known for my writting skills so I'm not going to type a long "This is what Bleem! ment to me" thing. No poetry, No Art, Nothing like that...

I'm going to (as soon as possible) have a shirt made useing the image on the bleem site on the front. And on the back it will have the bleem! "F*ck Sony!" Maybe with a broken PSX or PS2 logo on the back too.

Not much I know... but it will draw some attention. Hopefully people will ask me "Whats up with your shirt?" "What was Bleem?" "Whats wrong with Sony?"

I'll be able to tell them the long sad story of how a small company made the impossible possible. And how Sony (in their infinate wisdom) crushed them without realizeing Bleem could have actually been a great help to Sony. How Sony used their massive financial muscles to sue Bleem to the edge of existance. Then used scare tactics on retailers to push Bleem over that edge.

I'll be able to explain why (unless no other alternative is avalible) I will never purchase a Sony product that is brand new from a store or online.

All my Sony game system related purchases will be used since none of that money goes to Sony. (not going to keep myself from a couple specific PS2 games... Its Sony I dont like. Not their third party developers. Konami and Capcom for)

Sony has long lost what respect I had for them. This is the last nail in the coffin.(so to speek) They've gone too far. That vampire has sucked its last drop it will get from me. I got a big steak and Im ready to use it if needed.

My hope is that this is not the last thing we see from Rand and David. They are now free to start a whole new company. Maybe instead of emulation Rand will go back to makeing games. (Hopefully not for Sony. That would be plain silly)

(actually I just thought about it... I may try and have a small run of this kind of shirt printed at a small local silkscreen factory I know about. I'd sell them at cost [no profit] if I do so. If it does turn out to be financially feasable then I'll let you all know. I'm getting mine made for sure.)