Gamestop has a bit from David on Bleem's closing

Here lies the historical and much-loved bleemcast! forum, once frequented and moderated by Rand Linden himself, preserved for future generations to enjoy. All new bleemcast!-related posts should be made in the main forum below.
Schnapple
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Gamestop has a bit from David on Bleem's closing

Post by Schnapple »

TrendWhore
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by TrendWhore »

http://www.ftc.gov

go file complaints against scea with the federal trade commision!

http://www.scea.com/consumersupport/cor ... ontact.asp

all the contact info that is needed.

honestly, flaming sony will do nothing.

its too late for bleem, but don't let their death be in vane.
showka
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Just noticed

Post by showka »

Have you noticed that anything even resembling big press has done NOTHING to exact bleem!s innocence and Sony's ultimate wrong doing? You never once hear them say in that (or many other articles) that Bleem had been found INNOCENT and thats when Sony put pressure on retailers and began with their completely inmoral actions which destroyed Bleem!. Act 2, never reported, they cut it off at the point where Sony doesn't yet seem completely evil. I like EGM and that website, but everybodys lack of nuts in describing this event makes me furious.
Schnapple
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by Schnapple »

Well I'm not 100% certian where everything stood, but what Sony did was to sue Bleem over the sale of the PC version of Bleem. They tried and failed three times to get an injunction so that Bleem couldn't be sold until the trial was over. The case never went to trial. Bleem didn't win the lawsuit simply because the lawsuit never went to trial, but they did fend off the injunctions.

Schnapple
showka
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

No way!

Post by showka »

You're kidding me! Don't they have a 2 million dollar debt in lawyers fees? That was just from fending off injunctions? Geeze, that sucks. I could've been sure that they came out on top of that lawsuit, but maybe I was reading things wrong at the time. Oh well, even if was injunctions, it still sucks that no one from the mainstream press has written about the blatantly illigeal practices Sony was conducting- which is why everybody who wants a Bleemcast! now can't get one, bleem! wasn't sold in large quanities because hardly anybody would sell it, and the only real way to get it was online or to live conviently by a decent game store. The article just sort of hit me the wrong way.
Schnapple
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by Schnapple »

Well I've never been 100% certian of what all went down with Bleem's legal status but in addition to fighting off Sony's lawsuit(s) (I believe a second one got filed when they announced Bleemcast), they also countersued Sony, but those suit(s) wouldn't come to trial until after the ones Sony filed, so they never did.

Also remember that this is not the local grocer, this is Sony - they've probably got a team of Lawyers that make Johnnie Cochran look like an ambulance chaser.

Schnapple
DJ Samba D
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

UK Users also remember this... :O

Post by DJ Samba D »

First of all, I must say this (it's a quotation from what a 'friend' of mine said to me yesterday)

[b]If Sony dies cause of your complaints about what they did to Bleem, I'm gonna smack you[/b]

Now is that ridiculous or what? I think Sony deserve all the sh%te that they get and oh yeah, you guys in the UK remember that we've also got http//www.tradingstandards.gov.uk (Trading Standards) to complain to about Sony

Tom
Schnapple
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by Schnapple »

First, Sony "dying" because of mistreating a small company is rediculous.

Second, worst case scenario Sony might lose a countersuit and have to cough up a few million to Bleem to make things even. They made that much money off of people who bought PSOne units in the time since Bleemcast came out.

Finally, "Sony" is not a single company as many people believe - Sony is a group of mostly independent companies, some make big products (like the one that does DVD players) and others are "nobody" Sony companies (like the one that makes blank Sony floppy disks). Sony Computer Entertainment (of Japan or America) was a nobody company until their alliance to make the SNES CD-ROM add-on went south and they turned the idea into PlayStation. Now SCE makes 45% of Mother Sony's income. As a result, the other Sony companies hate them This is why, for example, the PS2 doesn't use the Memory Stick another Sony company devised.

Even if PS2 went south today and SCE dried up, "Sony" would be just fine.

Schnapple
Tails Prower
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Tails Prower »

Sony should cut the crap cause Japan will get them...