DCEmulation

The Dreamcast Homebrew Community Online
Back to main site
It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:40 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ] 
 Post subject: How can I contact Rand?
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2002 12:58 pm 
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

With the demise of Bleem! and EB practically the only source for Bleem! discs, it has come to my attention that it appears that Bleemcast for MGS appears to be either sold out or no longer available. Does anyone know how I may contact Rand to find out if this is the case, or if there are still more available, but EB has simply dropped it out of the lack of interest for the Dreamcast.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2002 1:12 pm 
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

You do know they stopped production of bleem & bleem!cast, right?

You can keep searching EB, GameSpot, (there are others, afaik). and try e!bay & yahoo! auctions too.

Signatures images may be no greater than cock pixels high by dick pixels wide in dimension and balls kilobytes in filesize. Multiple images may be wang, but in total they may not exceed the johnson specifications.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2002 2:58 pm 
Yeah, you are not gonna get his attention anymore. He doesn't come here anymore...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2002 5:49 pm 
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Yes, I know all about Bleem R.I.P. and all, but I was wondering if he may still have some left. Also, I remember there was a lot of talk about releasing the source & tools to convert other PSX like Bleem! did. I remember that it wasn't going to be given away, but I wanted to find out how much it would cost to obtain the Bleem! "SDK." I think that there are still way too many games on the PSX that should come out on the DC a la the Bleem! method.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2002 6:05 am 
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

The lone email left on the bleem.com site says mailto:rip@bleem.com, try that.

Also, try and see if there are any Fry's stores in your area - they're your best bet at this point.

As for buying the Bleem SDK, forget about it. They spent years and racked up $2 million in legal debt over it, so they're not likely to part with it for any sum of money. Also, it would take someone "intimately familiar" with the code to do anything with it, a feat that could take some time.

The bottom line, though, is that if you missed your chance to buy bcMGS then you simply missed out. The company is out of business, the discs will never be made again, and they can't be backed up or pirated. Sorry, but no dice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2002 10:29 am 
The Filth
The Filth

IUG wrote:
Yeah, you are not gonna get his attention anymore. He doesn't come here anymore...

That's not quite true, he was just here & I see his name on the users online thing every few days, he's just not posting anymore.

Post subject: How can I contact Rand?
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2002 12:43 pm 
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

http://www.spelbutiken.se here in sweden still has the MGS Bleemcast (a friend of mine bought two copys of that a couple of days ago)

But i don't know if they ship outside sweden.. i doubt it, but u can mail them and ask.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2002 2:37 pm 
ShadowOfBob
ShadowOfBob

My local Fry's Electronics has about 75 copies of each Bleemcast. Most of them aren't selling due to what I think is the DDR(why does everyone like that game? The music sucks ass) demo and newer systems.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2002 8:46 pm 
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Hey! Palo Alto! Do you go to the Fry's in Fremont? Cause that's where I go.

Post subject: what a waste ot time
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2002 9:00 pm 
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Why would you want to contact him? Are u a dumbass? You think he's gonna try to find out if there are any Bleem!Cast's in ur area? The man got business, he doesn't want to waste his time finding u Bleem!cast discs. (sorry I swore, I felt like it, I'm not pissed :D )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2002 10:09 pm 
Last I spoke with him, he was seeing about getting a job in Los Angles... but this was a long time ago.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2002 9:24 am 
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Sonic Blaze, the next time you feel like replying, please do so in an intelligent and refined manner. I already own all 3 Bleem! discs thank you very much. My concern is not for myself but rather those individuals who have not had the chance to enjoy these 3 great games in all of their potential. Last time I remember, you were beyond pissed with the MGS disc. With that in mind, why do you care???? Besides, I've got other questions for Rand that noone in this forum could answer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2002 8:02 pm 
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

I dont know what you guys are talkin about i got Bleemcast MGS today Feburary 1st and they even had Tekken 3 bleemcast disc there too

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2002 10:37 am 
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

I went into my EB a few days ago, and picked up both of them, although I think my MGS was used, bah! at least I got it :)

Only $16.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 14 posts ]