Version 1.1 released, check the first post.
1.1 version changes:
- Corrected the name of mouse button 1.
- Fixed the "Pause" option in the Audio Options menu.
- nxMakaqu would crash when trying to save FrikFiles, because it tried to save them in the CD. Now the FrikFiles are saved in the RAM. There's no way to same them on the VMU yet though.
- The "screenshot" command is ignored now. This was done to prevent crashes, because it tried to save them in the CD.
- Fixed the crosshair being not displayed correctly in some video cards.
- Fixed the network menus (they were disabled by mistake).
- Fixed a small problem with the interpolation (sorry, can't remember what it was).
- Now the translucent viewmodels are drawn over the translucent water instead of under it.
- Fixed the network protocol (demos recorded with some mods were not working).
- Fixed the "cmdline" cvar.
- Fixed some menu options that were not saved in the config file.
- Added an IP.BIN file.
- Modlist support for the /ID1 directory.
- Added support for the file /quake/gamedir/nxmakaqu.ini. This file can be used to set the title and description of the game in the modlist, as well as the sound samplerate, the video resolution, the size of the heap memory, and extra command line parameters.
- Added 320x480 and 640x240 resolutions (640x240 is faster).
- Resolutions up to 768x576 are selectable in the modlist.
- Changed the default audio samplerate to 11025 Hz, thus fixing some games that needs more RAM.
- The default setting for the stereo sound is set accordingly to the DC BIOS setting.
- Added support for volume control of the CD audio.
- The CD audio can be changed between stereo/mono, and the stereo can be reversed.
- The engine can detect the amount of CD tracks and display it on the Audio Options menu.
- Added support for mouse button 3 and mouse wheel. The mouse is fully supported now.
- Significant changes to the analog input support. Now the analog stick's axes can be bound to any command, and the "Axis/Trigger Function" options are gone.
- Added auto-repeat for the keys and face buttons while in the console or menu.
- Added vibration (Puru Puru/Jump Pack) support.
- Added a SVC_VIBRATE (61) message to the network protocol. Usage: SVC_VIBRATE, + 5 writebytes (special, effect1, effect2, duration, controller).
- VMU saves are compressed now, and saves from version 1.0 can still be loaded.
- Replaced the VMU file icon. The new one features colored borders for each game.
- Added a simple VMU LCD icon.
- FrikFiles are opened from the RAM if found in there, otherwise they are opened from the CD. Saving is always done in the RAM.
- Removed the CD audio volume control from the audio menu.
- Now the engine knows the difference between CDs with no audio tracks and empty drives.
- The underwater screen buffer is always used, thus making the transparencies run faster on some computers.
- Improved the models of the super shotgun, nailgun, super nailgun, rocket launcher and thunderbolt. These new versions works better with interpolation and transparencies.
- Added a new progs.dat file with many bugfixes and some new features.
- The new progs.dat features a workaround for the solid skies in the original Quake levels. It can be disabled by typing "savedgamecfg 1" in the console.
- The status bar isn't displayed when changing levels anymore.
- The underwater warping effect runs at the same resolution of the video now.
- The camera tilting during weapon recoil is smoother. Now it uses 16-bit angles instead of 8.
- The Thunderbolt's lightning follows the player's rotation and movement smoothly now.
- Created QC support for self.frame_interval, to customize the time of the interpolation for each entity. Setting it to -1 disables interpolation, and setting it to zero uses the default value (0.1 seconds).
- Non-audio tracks are skipped when selecting an audio track in the Audio Options menu.
- Added a 3D stereo mode, using the r_stereo_separation cvar. It has a few bugs.
- Added options for fog and 3D stereo separation in the Developer menu. To disable the fog you must turn the developer mode off.
- Added the Timescale extension.
- Added a sv_compatibility cvar, to allow both network gaming and demo recording compatible with normal Quake.
- Added a sv_makaqu cvar to enable Makaqu-exclusive effects (EF_SHADOW, etc.).
My site isn't updated yet, I'll update it this weekend.