DCEmulation

dreamcast development • homebrew software • hardware hacking • indie games • emulators • and more!
Back to main site
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:22 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 767 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 39  Next
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 4:10 pm 
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Will you reuse the old model somewhere? The only model I'd really like to see replaced is the Death Knight one, for obvious reasons...

By the way, the new model is pretty good, but it's design is quite different. It looks older, his legs' muscles aren't as big, his eyes are less expressive, his ears aren't defined enough, and his neck is much larger than it should be.

The skin, however, is much better, technically speaking. The only thing a bit strange are the shades of yellow in his clothes. The boots, the gloves, the belt, the skin and the hair are pretty good for Quake's standards.

By the way, if I were you I wouldn't care much about the polycount - nxMakaqu sucks for this game :|. Don't worry about getting it to run on the DC. Being able to play the finished version on the PC will be enough to make me - and probably others - very happy.

⇈ ⇊ ⇆ ⇆ B A Start

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:14 pm 
Pimp DC Devver
Pimp DC Devver

I've had an idea to speed up gameplay even more (currently implementing it) concerning ground combat, allowing Vigils main attack (normal swinging) to streamline into each other as he moves forward! This'll allow him to keep swinging over and over right through enemies (they'd move back along with the constant rush of course), it'd look a lot cooler in action while giving his enemy launcher move a bit more of an excuse to exist.

Also I may make TAoV DarkPlaces only and remove all limits along with adding more animation, new attacks, and other plans I had but had to scrap to maintain older Quake engine compatibility.

Yep, TAoV is DP only now. It'll be worth it, I'm making Vigil have a more wild style as I wanted originally but was limited to do. :)

"I'm convinced RenegadeC is in fact not a human, but rather an experimental IRC/QuakeC bot who has the ability to randomly formulate mods and code them, programmed to have a distinct Canadian personality as well."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:25 pm 
Pimp DC Devver
Pimp DC Devver

Oh hi ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-k89Ep9B6Y

"I'm convinced RenegadeC is in fact not a human, but rather an experimental IRC/QuakeC bot who has the ability to randomly formulate mods and code them, programmed to have a distinct Canadian personality as well."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:28 pm 
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Awesome video.

By the way, the Fraps watermark doesn't appear when recording videos in Makaqu.

⇈ ⇊ ⇆ ⇆ B A Start

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:33 pm 
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Very impressive video! It's sad to hear there will be no DC-version, but I can understand you. Ill still be able to play it, since Darkplaces is open. Just one thing, please don't add any Windows-specific code (if there is such things when using Darkplaces. I believe there is, since some mod's are incompatible with the Linux-version of DP). It would be really nice if the game stays multiplatform. And I guess it'll get more attention that way as well.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:02 pm 
Pimp DC Devver
Pimp DC Devver

Here's a better video, old one removed!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:38 am 
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Imerion wrote:
...there will be no DC-version...

Man, i cant believe i waited all those years to hear that :cry:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:47 am 
Pimp DC Devver
Pimp DC Devver

Segata Sanshiro wrote:
Imerion wrote:

Sorry but the DC engines are just either too buggy or slow for TAoV to work properly on them.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 4:22 pm 
Team Screamcast
Team Screamcast

Segata Sanshiro wrote:
Imerion wrote:

Quite sad indeed.

That video really looks great, though. The palette looks a bit washed out, but the gameplay, the modeling, and the textures are all quite impressive!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:47 pm 

Tyne wrote:
Segata Sanshiro wrote:
Imerion wrote:

Sorry but the DC engines are just either too buggy or slow for TAoV to work properly on them.

I haven't given up hope yet. (You'll surely learn that if you owned a Sega console ^ ^)

Chui is porting DarkPlaces aka DreamPlaces from what we know, so maybe if the engine turns out as good as we expect, we could still play TAoV on DC :D

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:21 pm 
Pimp DC Devver
Pimp DC Devver

Giving up DC compatibility wasn't something I wanted to do, believe me; however try running the latest version on DC (by the way, better save it because the next release won't work at all) it runs at 7-14 FPS and eventually crashes or if it does run it loads way too much to be taken seriously enough to be playable. A better engine custom DC made engine would be a lot more suitable.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 4:38 am 
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

I know that this is the last thing you want to hear, but can you cripple the graphics a little, i don't know, downsample the textures, lower the model polycounts... just a thought

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:25 pm 
Pimp DC Devver
Pimp DC Devver

Perhaps after the PC version, I'm not promising anything though; it'd probably end up as a functionally crippled version at best.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:48 am 

Hm, let's see how Chui's port of Darkplaces/Dreamplaces turns out...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:28 pm 
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

let's not.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:39 am 

linlinlol: I would like to ask you for proof of your accusations and claims towards Chui's projects as posted by you on these forums on many occasions. If you can't provide those I would propose to stop posting them here.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 11:56 am 
Pimp DC Devver
Pimp DC Devver

Can we stay on topic guys? Anyways I've done some more mapping, I'm going to be finishing up the village map with more folks walking around and such. Still a lot of work to do, I need to fix the first boss since his collision kind of sucks.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:35 am 

Sorry, got a bit carried away there. :oops:

Always good to read about your progress :)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:48 pm 
Pimp DC Devver
Pimp DC Devver

Thanks.

Anyways, it's harder to update TAoV now since it's mostly mapping and polishing. Remember early on I'd release a new version really fast? I'm still working on it at around the same pace, the only difference is that towards the end you're not squashing bugs and making general easy to implement improvements; that's over and done with. Everything now requires a certain level of polish to fit in (new models especially), as well as mapping which isn't easy.

Just thought I'd inform you as to why versions are coming out so slow.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:08 pm 

I can imagine. Polishing up little details never was something you could do in a couple of minutes.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 767 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 ... 39  Next