Alien vs Predator on DC

Talk about Quake, Doom, Wolfenstein 3D, or other DC first person shooting game ports and mods for those games in here.
D_Venin
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Alien vs Predator on DC

Post by D_Venin »

Very interested. Please keep informing. Played A&P lots in ATARI Jaguar.
spinksy
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by spinksy »

Any updates..... :roll:
Dreamcast, it's still thinking.

Over-clocked : Dreamcast currently running at 240Mhz (switchable)

Internal VGA, extra cooling fans, disc activity LED, SD card reader done :-)

Dreamcast HD wanted
Chilly Willy
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Chilly Willy »

I'm working on the Neo Myth at the moment. AvP is after that. Sorry, but you'll have to be patient. :mrgreen:
spinksy
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by spinksy »

ok that's cool.

cheers for getting back to us.. :wink:

Dreamcast HD wanted
Chilly Willy
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Chilly Willy »

No problem - I need to start doing speed so I need less sleep. :lol:
These users thanked the author Chilly Willy for the post:
DiGiPunX
spinksy
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by spinksy »

lol *puts on South Park Mr Mackey voice*

'Drugs are bad, mmmkay'
These users thanked the author spinksy for the post:
DiGiPunX

Dreamcast HD wanted
alex81
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by alex81 »

Chilly Willy wrote:I'm working on the Neo Myth at the moment. AvP is after that. Sorry, but you'll have to be patient. :mrgreen:
I look you have released Neo Myth, it means you start working on the AvP for dreamcast?
Stryfe
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Stryfe »

It seems people are trying to rush CW here...

If anyone here is familiar with any homebrew scene, they'd know nothing is guaranteed. Pushing coders to do something in all likelyhood will only alienate, and disinterest them in working on future projects.

That being said if CW does decide to attempt (no guarantee it'll even work) porting the OpenAvP, then I support that. I wish him good luck.
ImageImageImageImage
spinksy
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by spinksy »

I've not been trying to 'rush' him - would just like to know if/how hes getting on.

Hope it's still going ahead.

Dreamcast HD wanted
runkthepunk
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by runkthepunk »

Howdy :grin:

Sorry to resurrect ancient threads but considering the last one was something to do with not rushing the guy I wanted to check in to see if anything was ever started with the port of AvP? as it has now been 9 months since anything was last mentioned.

If chilly willy is still on the scene it would be nice to know if he ever started any of the process? if not thats cool as I would not know where to start at all! :?

Just interested is all as its a great game plus I got all excited about System Shock 2 but it seems unlikely that it will get any further down the line than the early port that has been discovered :cry:

Thanks

Rob
Chilly Willy
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Chilly Willy »

I'm still here... just been busy on the Neo Myth for N64 the last few months. You might have noticed it now has a nice menu that allows you to run multiple games from flash or SD(HC) cards. It's a nice product for people interested in the N64. :grin:

I'll try to put more time into AvP over the fall. There's just so much to work on and so little time...
:uhm:
Anthony817
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Anthony817 »

I will give my support for this project too, any new FPS on the DC is welcome by me! I look forward on hearing further progress on this game. :grin:
Chilly Willy
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Chilly Willy »

Sorry it's taking so long, but I've been super busy with life the last few months. Even my NeoMyth stuff has had to sit for a while. This is still near the top of my to-do list.
spinksy
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by spinksy »

Chilly Willy wrote:Sorry it's taking so long, but I've been super busy with life the last few months. Even my NeoMyth stuff has had to sit for a while. This is still near the top of my to-do list.
awesome news!!!!!

Dreamcast HD wanted
Anthony817
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Anthony817 »

I know after Chilly gets Hypertension out of the way he can port this awesome FPS to DC. I know he can do it. If he can make Doom have online MP on Dreamcast, I am sure he can get this game ported. :mrgreen:

@Chilly, have you worked on it at all or is it still on hold till you get your main project out of the way? Not really asking for my as much as I am for a friend that wanted to know about this.
PH3NOM
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by PH3NOM »

DM613 wrote:A quick attending shows it needs OpenAL for the complete. I did a anchorage of OpenAL to the PSP, so I can apparently accomplish one for the DC as able-bodied.
The words you use make it difficult for me to understand if you are speaking literally, or if you are actually patronizing Chilly... :roll:

Where are you from?
Chilly Willy
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Chilly Willy »

I haven't forgotten about this, but I've been positively swamped with work and other projects. Sorry, but this isn't at the top of the list... yet. And I did do OpenAL for the PSP - you'll find it at ps2dev, among other places. OpenAL isn't too hard to support on a platform as long as you aren't trying to work in hardware support for things like 3D audio.

Porting a game like AvP is a BIG task. I sometimes get small amounts of time to work on things, and I usually prioritize those small periods for tests for things I need for projects I want to work on. So I get things like my recent Tremor/Ogg-Vorbis tests for the 32X done instead of more on AvP DC. Some of these tests will help AvP, and some won't. For example, the changes I've made over the last year in my port of Doom for the DC certainly give me more experience and knowledge about the DC, which will eventually help in AvP DC.

AvP is not abandoned, just taking a while. Many projects like this take years... there's no getting around it without either finding other people who might put AvP higher on their list, or paying someone to do it. Look at how much trouble they had finding someone to work on a DC port of Wolf3D, and that's a FAR easier port than AvP.

EDIT: Looking at DM613's posts so far, I'm going to guess it's a spambot. Its posts make no sense at all, with only a sentence out of the entire post relating to the thread... partially quoting a previous post, then tacking on some nonsense. That's typical of certain types of spambots.
Anthony817
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Anthony817 »

Yeah, I can see how you are already booked with your many projects everywhere. Wasn't it you who ported Duke Nukem 3D to PSP or am I mistaken? That is an excellent port any way you look at it, too bad the Dreamcast port is only shareware and very buggy with only mouse and keyboard support.

Take your time man, real life can be hectic at times, and programming is a very large task.
BlueCrab
The Crabby Overlord
The Crabby Overlord

Post by BlueCrab »

PH3NOM wrote:
DM613 wrote:A quick attending shows it needs OpenAL for the complete. I did a anchorage of OpenAL to the PSP, so I can apparently accomplish one for the DC as able-bodied.
The words you use make it difficult for me to understand if you are speaking literally, or if you are actually patronizing Chilly... :roll:

Where are you from?
That person was spamming the forum with junk links for gold farmers, or some such. I've removed the offending posts...
Chilly Willy
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Chilly Willy »

Anthony817 wrote:Yeah, I can see how you are already booked with your many projects everywhere. Wasn't it you who ported Duke Nukem 3D to PSP or am I mistaken? That is an excellent port any way you look at it, too bad the Dreamcast port is only shareware and very buggy with only mouse and keyboard support.

Take your time man, real life can be hectic at times, and programming is a very large task.
I worked on the PSP port of Duke3D... mostly the music/audio, but with some other improvements as well. I did the patch to SDL to allow the sound effects to have the proper pitch, and got the music going right. I also helped out with RotT, Wolf3D, and a few other games (if it has TV support, I was probably on the team). That was during the height of my PSP phase... which I'll probably get back to eventually.

There are a number of games I'd like to update on the DC when I get the chance... Doom (my current port uses an older engine) and Duke3D being the two main ones as they're among my favorite games.