Unpacking a Game.

Talk about Quake, Doom, Wolfenstein 3D, or other DC first person shooting game ports and mods for those games in here.
phisejr
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Unpacking a Game.

Post by phisejr »

i have UNreal Tournament for the DC and i would like to make a mod from there, into an action fps but can you dump from an ISO? or can you make the PC version able to work on the DC.
Christuserloeser

Post by Christuserloeser »

No idea, really. A question like this should go in our FPS forums anyway.

The subject itself is a bit touchy, since we don't allow the discussion about backups. However, modding an engine is a different thing and we do allow talking about Quake 3 mods.

A start would be to either mount the ISO or insert the CD into your PC's CD/DVD-ROM drive.

Do you have any experience in modding Unreal ? If not, I recommend to lean more about the Unreal engine itself and modding the PC version at first.
Insane homebrew collector.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

You need a serial cable or LAN/Broadband Adapter to dump an image from your Dreamcast to your computer. It's not possible on a PC without disassembling a CD-ROM drive.
It's thinking...
phisejr
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by phisejr »

Darn..... so other than that is there any other way. What about Axen's Coders cable?
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

phisejr wrote:Darn..... so other than that is there any other way. What about Axen's Coders cable?
A coder's cable and a serial cable are one and the same. The process is slow - to copy Unreal Tournament in full would take approximately 16 hours.

You would need the Dreamcast program DreamRip by bero (the serial cable version). You will also need some terminal software (Tera Term Pro is reccomended) and a copy of the dcload serial slave disc.

There are instructions included in the download of DreamRip, but the English is a bit shaky, so if you would like more detailed instructions, I can give some.
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
phisejr
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by phisejr »

ok where can i get the serial port cable in order to make a coders cable ?
phisejr
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by phisejr »

unpacking a game will make you gain access to all the files withing the game and make you edit them, such as changing weapons and so forth. I plan to use the Unreal engine for the project i plan on.