Makaqu 1.5.1

Talk about Quake, Doom, Wolfenstein 3D, or other DC first person shooting game ports and mods for those games in here.
mankrip
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Makaqu 1.3

Post by mankrip »

linlinlol wrote:a parameter to skip those annoying intro dialogs would be nice too, for mapping tests
GNU General Public License Version 2 wrote:c) If the modified program normally reads commands interactively when run, you must cause it, when started running for such interactive use in the most ordinary way, to print or display an announcement including an appropriate copyright notice and a notice that there is no warranty (or else, saying that you provide a warranty) and that users may redistribute the program under these conditions, and telling the user how to view a copy of this License. (Exception: if the Program itself is interactive but does not normally print such an announcement, your work based on the Program is not required to print an announcement.)
WinQuake doesn't fall under this exception since its quit menu is also a credits screen containing copyright information. All I did was move this credits screen to the initialization and add a second one for Makaqu.

You can quickly press a couple keys or roll the mouse wheel if you want them to vanish faster though.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh mankrip Hell's end wgah'nagl fhtagn.
==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==
Dev blog / Twitter / YouTube
linlinlol
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by linlinlol »

Manoel wrote:
linlinlol wrote:a parameter to skip those annoying intro dialogs would be nice too, for mapping tests
GNU General Public License Version 2 wrote:c) If the modified program normally reads commands interactively when run, you must cause it, when started running for such interactive use in the most ordinary way, to print or display an announcement including an appropriate copyright notice and a notice that there is no warranty (or else, saying that you provide a warranty) and that users may redistribute the program under these conditions, and telling the user how to view a copy of this License. (Exception: if the Program itself is interactive but does not normally print such an announcement, your work based on the Program is not required to print an announcement.)
WinQuake doesn't fall under this exception since its quit menu is also a credits screen containing copyright information. All I did was move this credits screen to the initialization and add a second one for Makaqu.

You can quickly press a couple keys or roll the mouse wheel if you want them to vanish faster though.
Darkplaces doesn't do this.
DOODOO
mankrip
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by mankrip »

I know.
==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==
linlinlol
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by linlinlol »

i've noticed view size also affects status bar scoreboard in deathmatch

FEATURE REUQES:T cvar that makes second sky scroll layer additive if addmap exists
DOODOO
mankrip
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by mankrip »

I'll take a look at the status bar scoreboard. I guess it's been a couple years since I played a dm game in Makaqu...

It's funny that you mentioned the additive sky blending, because I had done this for Fightoon (hard coded, no cvar) and reverted it for Makaqu 1.3. There's actually a handful of interesting blending effects that would work well in different situations, and it would be interesting to implement a way to select between different blend maps not only for the sky but also for the other parts of the renderer that uses blending effects (liquids, sprites, alias models, console background, etc.).

Personally I'd like to replace EF_ADDITIVE with a string field called .r_blendmap and a float field called .r_blendintensity, and EF_CELSHADING with a float field called .r_shading (.r_shading would also replace EF_FULLBRIGHT and the metallic shading whose EF_ name I don't remember right now) and another called .r_outline (which could probably be replaced with a .r_wireframe), but I don't see the point in making all these standards for an obscure engine such as Makaqu.

By the way, I just remembered that Makaqu supports multiple sky textures in the same map (normal Quake engines always uses the same sky texture on all sky surfaces). And Makaqu 1.3 can display skyboxes in maps without sky surfaces (the skyboxes replaces the void, noclip out of a map to see).

Well, enough rambling. Currently I'm kinda busy working in a Java dancing game, but when I get enough free time I'll work on Makaqu 1.4, which should be the last release.
==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==
Maturion

Post by Maturion »

Manoel, I just want to say a "Great work" to you. Your mod is so nice, I love it. I tried it today. :)
Christuserloeser

Post by Christuserloeser »

I think you confused Manoel (nxMakaqu) with Tyne (TAoV) ;)
Insane homebrew collector.
linlinlol
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by linlinlol »

put in
writestring2
make ftos not a tempstring so multiple ftos'd numbers get allowed in one centerprint/writestring2

why?

so sis could possibly make this happen
DOODOO
Tyne
Pimp DC Devver
Pimp DC Devver

Post by Tyne »

linlinlol wrote:put in
writestring2
make ftos not a tempstring so multiple ftos'd numbers get allowed in one centerprint/writestring2

why?

so sis could possibly make this happen
Moar of FF4 in Quake plz
"I'm convinced RenegadeC is in fact not a human, but rather an experimental IRC/QuakeC bot who has the ability to randomly formulate mods and code them, programmed to have a distinct Canadian personality as well."
mankrip
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by mankrip »

I've spent some hours looking through the DC controller code over and over and couldn't find anything wrong with it. The only real reason for me to release a new version is to get the x-axis bug fixed, so don't expect anything soon. I'm extremely busy this year.
==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==
gennss
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by gennss »

Manoel wrote:I've spent some hours looking through the DC controller code over and over and couldn't find anything wrong with it. The only real reason for me to release a new version is to get the x-axis bug fixed, so don't expect anything soon. I'm extremely busy this year.
I registered just to say thank you for this great port. (its really fast )

Any links on modding quake code?
mankrip
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by mankrip »

www.inside3d.com seems to be the best place nowadays.
==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==
linlinlol
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by linlinlol »

to bad makahex cant hapen
DOODOO
mankrip
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by mankrip »

http://forum.top.igg.com/viewthread.php ... &tid=88136 :?:
hey guys may tanong lng ako!bakit one hour lang ako nakakapaghex?!i start at 11 pm then kpag 12am na, d ko na ma-accept ung 1st task?ung iba naman nag-hehex pa?!bkt ganon?at tsaka 3 hrs na ba ang hex? nagbebenta kc ako ng hex pt meron p din nkiki-party up until 2am?!

pls pasagot nmn ng tanong ko!!!ako'y nababagabag dhil d ako makahex!tnx
==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==
linlinlol
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by linlinlol »

makahex mix of maka qu! and hexeen2
DOODOO
law56ker
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by law56ker »

I tried makaqu 1.3 today and I couldn't control the view/look with the analog stick. Is this the way it is? Is there any way to enable the analog stick to control where you look? Do I need a dreamcast mouse?
mankrip
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Re: Makaqu 1.4 alpha

Post by mankrip »

New version released, but it's an alpha; Dreamcast binaries are untested.

Its documentation hasn't been updated, so the best place to check for what's changed in it is the blog.
law56ker wrote:I tried makaqu 1.3 today and I couldn't control the view/look with the analog stick. Is this the way it is? Is there any way to enable the analog stick to control where you look? Do I need a dreamcast mouse?
Be sure to check the "Customize controls" menu to see if all axes are properly assigned.

Also, in the version 1.3 there was a bug in the X axis of the analog stick, which has been fixed now.
==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==
DARKHALO2K
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by DARKHALO2K »

Excellent news. Thank you, Manoel. I'll be giving the Dreamcast binary a go as soon as possible!

EDIT : I'm getting to a mod menu in which I can select a display resolution, but from here the game goes to a black screen for a couple of seconds before displaying the Dreamcast logo. I've tried every possible resolution.
Zorlon
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Zorlon »

Makaqu 1.4 alpha won't even boot up the original quake files, it bogs out as soon as you select the ID1 folder, 1.3 has that -X axis bug, wants to play :( asides from that all great lol

Nice sexy highres

P.S. if it helps in the slightest NullDC will give the error.....

not implemented opcode : 0 : unknown opcode @ 83001000

then at
it just keeps going on like that (see attachment)

on actual hardware it just reboots

More of a bug report rather than a moan, it's nice to see some activity on the olde Dreamcast :D

EDIT:- will play round with 1.2 for now and look forward to the next update and will be more than willing to test things out, providing I still have the spare time/CD-R's by then, it's been a while (4 years apx) since I got involved in any project, about as long as I lacked internet ;)

EDIT:- Just another point for 1.3 it has no support for path names with spaces in it, e.g. had to rename "Dissolution of Eternity" to "Dissolution_of_Eternity", just a limitation to point out for other wanting to play test, not sure if there are any other naming limits, there most likley is, there is anyway on CD's in general
Attachments
Dubug dump from DCEmu while running Makaqu 1.4 alpha after selecting ID1
Dubug dump from DCEmu while running Makaqu 1.4 alpha after selecting ID1
Debug.jpg (256.95 KiB) Viewed 8365 times
Just here to help if I can
mankrip
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by mankrip »

I haven't been able to test it on the Dreamcast yet, but should be in over a month. I haven't actually verified all changes to make sure that they'd not introduce bugs in the DC version, so there were chances that it would not work.

Makaqu's modlist is very primitive. I'd like to make a portable one that would also work in the Windows version, but it's not a priority.

The X-axis bug in version 1.3 is actually a menu bug, it can be fixed by correcting the size of a certain array in menu.c.

In over a month I should start working on the version 1.5, which should end up being more stable.
==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==