Makaqu 1.5.1

Talk about Quake, Doom, Wolfenstein 3D, or other DC first person shooting game ports and mods for those games in here.
mankrip
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Makaqu 1.5.1

Post by mankrip »

1.5.1 version released.

Can anyone confirm whether it fails to save savegames/savestates/config files when an official Jump Pack is plugged into the controller? It saves fine when my unnofficial Jump Pack is plugged in.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh mankrip Hell's end wgah'nagl fhtagn.
==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==
Dev blog / Twitter / YouTube
DARKHALO2K
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by DARKHALO2K »

Unfortunately I don't own an official jump pack, but it's great to see a new release. I look forward to trying this new build on my day off this week.

Thanks again for all of the time you put in to this, it's very much appreciated!
Anthony817
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Anthony817 »

Where can I grab the latest version of this? I checked on your blog but everything has changed since the last time I went there few years ago.
bbmario
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by bbmario »

Looking for this as well. :lol:
Moi
QuakeDev Respected
QuakeDev Respected

Post by Moi »

http://code.google.com/p/makaqu/ still has some downloads.
Create your own Dreamcast games using the Quake-Engine:
http://quakedev.dcemulation.org/develop/getstarted.htm
Tyne
Pimp DC Devver
Pimp DC Devver

Post by Tyne »

Hmm I see there WAS a 1.6 release, wonder what was changed and if mankrip is stil around?
"I'm convinced RenegadeC is in fact not a human, but rather an experimental IRC/QuakeC bot who has the ability to randomly formulate mods and code them, programmed to have a distinct Canadian personality as well."
mankrip
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod
Been thanked: 0

Post by mankrip »

Tyne wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:48 am Hmm I see there WAS a 1.6 release, wonder what was changed and if mankrip is stil around?
The 1.6 release had better 50Hz support, with autodetection (IIRC previous releases required manually configuring the .ini file).
It also has an older version of the procedural particles featured in Retroquad (my current engine project), but this procedural particle system required over 2MB of RAM, which ended up crippling the support for many maps and mods (including the official mission packs) because I had to reduce the heapsize from 10MB to 8MB.
And IIRC it also has some very barebones dithering, which worsened the framerate.

All things considered, it's very inferior to the previous releases, which is why I've stopped working on it. The only good things in it are the DC-specific features, like the 50Hz support.

I'm mostly on Twitter nowadays, but my current focus is on getting my real life fully on track before putting some serious dedication into gamedev projects again.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh mankrip Hell's end wgah'nagl fhtagn.
==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==
Dev blog / Twitter / YouTube
Tyne
Pimp DC Devver
Pimp DC Devver

Post by Tyne »

Sounds good, I've taken in interest in Dreamcast again lately (thanks to Redream mostly) and saw 1.6 and became curious. Glad to see you're still alive and kickin though.
"I'm convinced RenegadeC is in fact not a human, but rather an experimental IRC/QuakeC bot who has the ability to randomly formulate mods and code them, programmed to have a distinct Canadian personality as well."