Can anyone fix the gp32 pwads so they work correctly for dc

Talk about Quake, Doom, Wolfenstein 3D, or other DC first person shooting game ports and mods for those games in here.
law56ker
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0

Can anyone fix the gp32 pwads so they work correctly for dc

Post by law56ker »

http://www.gp32x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,24

These pwads i want to include in my nxdoom collection disc, but the title screen and ingame gui's don't show up. can anyone fix them for me so i can include them in my disc. Most of these pwads are enhanced and improved upon the orginal version so thats why i want them.
law56ker
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by law56ker »

anyone help me?
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

Not really. I don't know what they did to the WAD files that makes them not work properly on nxDoom. nxDoom is basically standard, unmodified Doom, with the ability to directly load pretty much every patch WAD and DeHacked WAD for plain Doom that I've ever encountered, including those that required you to integrate them into the main WAD file.

You would probably have better luck asking the GP32 guys what needs to be done to make the mods work on plain, vanilla Doom. Basically, what needs to be done to get the title screen and menus working in normal Doom instead of GP32 Doom.
law56ker
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by law56ker »

I think it has something to so with the resolution I thought i read, did you try any of the mods? an error message pops up in the command window, the mods load, but like i said, no title screen or h.u.d in game.

Patch at 0,0 exceeds LFB
V_DrawPatch: bad patch (ignored)
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

Ah... I haven't tried them out yet (I'm on a borrowed laptop because my PC is currently dead, I won't get the parts until Tuesday, and I won't have time to fix it until Thursday at the earliest).

It makes sense that they'd have to change the title screen and HUD patches to fit the GP32's decreased screen resolution.

If you can find the originals, you could try ripping the appropriate patches out of the original WAD files, and merging them with the GP32 WAD. I don't have the time right now.
law56ker
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by law56ker »

Whoops i guess i just realized something, only the title screens are messed up, i was zoomed out which cause the hud to dissapper.