DoomDC Page Updates

Talk about Quake, Doom, Wolfenstein 3D, or other DC first person shooting game ports and mods for those games in here.
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0

DoomDC Page Updates

Post by BlackAura »

I think we probably need a thread to post updates on the DoomDC page, so here it is. I'll go first.

I've done a weapons compilation. It's mostly weapons from FreeDoom, and replaces everything except the DB Shotgun (because I can't find a good replacement). It's under "BlackAura's Guns 1" in the right-hand navbar.

I've released a DC specific version of HacX. It's based on nxDoom Beta 2 (actually a slightly newer version - one/two VMU bugs fixed). It runs without a copy of Doom or Doom 2, because it's been modified to run as a stand-alone game. Also includes full music on the DC without having to download music packs.

I was playing through while uploading, and discovered that the BIN file included in the original package was corrupt (crashed when you finish a level), so I had to release a patch as well. I am not uploading a 9MB file twice, when I can just do a 600KB patch.

Anyone who wants to do a CD image version of HacX can now do so (I believe so, anyway). I don't think it has any major bugs, but if it does then please tell me.
XDelusion
Psychotic MOD
Psychotic MOD
Been thanked: 0

Post by XDelusion »

You've been busy... :)
Tyne
Pimp DC Devver
Pimp DC Devver

Post by Tyne »

HacX has midi music support?
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

Umm... It doesn't have MIDI support. It actually uses converted XM files, the same as nxDoom, but they're embedded in the WAD file.

And I just realised that the patch I uploaded is actually the same as the original! :x

I'll upload the proper one later.
XDelusion
Psychotic MOD
Psychotic MOD

Post by XDelusion »

I noticed the linkz were messed up, the link for the patch was the link for the original game again, I was gonna fix it then forgot, should I bother now, havn't yet burned it as I have been working doubles pretty much all week, and my computer has been busy making VCD's. :)
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

The link from the picture was messed up, but the other links all worked. Anyway, I've just deleted the buggy version so the links are now totally broken.
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

And now the links work again. I just finished uploading the newer version of HacX, and this one should work.
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

The page layout has been redone. It's experimental as yet, but I think it's a vasy improvement.

If ya spot any dead links, please tell us. When typing/copypasting all those links out, it's easy to make mistakes.
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

Just uploaded a couple more music packs - the often-requested Plutonia Experiment music pack, and the likewise often-requested Wolfendoom music pack.
law
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by law »

any chance for bba support in doom on dc ?
ImageImage
mmnpsrsoskl
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by mmnpsrsoskl »

bba? What is that?
law
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by law »

broad band adapter = lan card
ImageImage
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

I don't have one, so no.
NeVaRnA
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by NeVaRnA »

can i make some suggestions of things you might wanna add to the new port you doing of nxdoom, is it possible for you to put a more compressed save feature in it currently it takes up 15 block if you save once on all of the doom games you'll need to buy a new memory card, and also can you make it so it has auto chex 1,2 and 3 wad support so you dont have edit anything, so basically you add the wad file and you press the button on it and it starts so no editing a mod list.
XDelusion
Psychotic MOD
Psychotic MOD

Post by XDelusion »

I've finally updated the page a bit, since there is not a whole lot going on in the Dreamcast sceen as far as DOOM goes, I decided to expand the page's theme a bit, and include other First Person Shooters for the Dreamcast, as well as the XBOX. Please note that many of the XBOX titles must be compiled with the official Microsloth SDK, so I will not be able to post binaries for those games on the page unless they are made with the Open SDK, so don't ask! :)

Asd for links, I recall I promised a couple of you I'd link your DOOM pages from mine, and I never did, well if you want to PM me, I'll set things straight.
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

I've started putting up id's official patches for Doom. Currently, I've only got the Ultimate Doom 1.9 to Registered Doom 1.1 downgrade patch up, but I'm going to put upgrade patches from all versions to 1.9 for Doom 1, Doom 1.9 to Ultimate Doom 1.9, and all versions of Doom 2 to 1.9 up there as well. So, hopefully, nobody should be searching around for Doom versions when I'm done with it.

I'm still looking for older Doom patches, specifically 1.666 and 1.8, mostly because I'm interested in collecting the things, and also because I want to write a decent install program to go with nxDoom 3.

I can't remember if we have the shareware version of Doom up there anywhere, but I'll try to upload those as well, perhaps with Nero and DiscJuggler images. And I'll try to do the same for ROTT.

Maybe we should have separate download sections for Doom, ROTT, Duke3D and whatever else. The Doom section is quite large already, and adding everything else to that would make it enormous.
DoomDan
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by DoomDan »

Will you upload a music pack for Chex Quest? Unless of course you still have problems making one...
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

Well, I still haven't set up the MIDI converter again, but I'll see what I can do over the weekend.
XDelusion
Psychotic MOD
Psychotic MOD

Post by XDelusion »

Ya, if I add any downloads I'll split them into different sections to keep things from getting too confusing.

As for those patches, I have posted in newdoom.com but have had no replies for the past week or however long it has been since you 1st requested them. Sorry, I'll keep checking.

Oh ya, before I forget, have you been to the Free DOOM page as of late!?!?!? :)

I am out of blanks so I can't tell you if it works with the Dreamcast yet, but I can say it does run fine on DOOM legacy, some of the enemies are straight up GAY with the whole gerbal thing going on and all, plus the levels don't seem quite balanced out, but then again it is not finished yet, but it does seem to work fine as a full DOOM 2 replacement when I am running Strain and other such TC's and PTC's! :)
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

So FreeDoom's getting closer to finished now, at least as an IWAD replacement? Cool. I'll have to download a newer version of it. Maybe we could use it to make some disc images with Doom (2) TCs on them, without needing the original WADs.

I've uploaded patches for every version of Doom 1 to upgrade it to v1.9, and I've added some Doom 2 patches too. I couldn't find any 1.666 or 1.7 -> 1.9 patches, so you have to go through 1.7a, I think. I don't know, since my Doom2 IWAD is v1.9, and I can't find the original anywhere. I only managed to pull the Doom 2 WAD off a backup disc anyway.

Also, the Shareware version of Doom's up there too. No images yet, but I'm working on it.