Binding

Talk about Quake, Doom, Wolfenstein 3D, or other DC first person shooting game ports and mods for those games in here.
Tyne
Pimp DC Devver
Pimp DC Devver
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0

Binding

Post by Tyne »

I put this topic here because I need a really quick answer, and people don't visit the DCQuake section often. :(

How do I get it so when DCQuake boots up it'll load my config file up?
Tyne
Pimp DC Devver
Pimp DC Devver

Post by Tyne »

bump
Dr Wily
Been thanked: 0

Post by Dr Wily »

I believe you have to rename your .cfg file to autoexec.cfg, and overwrite the exisiting one with Pak explorer

Or of course if you have a keyboard you can always use the command line exec your.cfg

unfortunately, QuakeDC this Question is, AND QuakeDC Forum it goes...

TOPIC MOVED To Quake Forum

wooooooooooooooooooooooooooosh!
TheDumbAss
QuakeDev Mod
QuakeDev Mod

Post by TheDumbAss »

You got a few places you can put you new/adjusted config info.

quake.rc
default.cfg
autoexec.cfg
and config.cfg
(I forget any?)

These must be in the root of a pak file. QuakeDC does not load ANYTHING from the ID1 directory that is not in a pak file.

Quake.RC and autoexec.cfg are the two best places to put something if you want to be sure it loads.

Problem is that QuakeDC automaticly binds all the controler buttons to their defults regardless of what your .rc and .cfgs say.

Only way around this to bind the differantly automaticly is to bind the buttons from within the QC. Just a simple stuffcmd(self, "bind dc_blah impulse 155/n")

Well actually another option is to setup your config exactly how you want it and call it default.cfg. Then one QuakeDC is loaded go into the options menu and to controller setup and choose defult. (Obviously not the best option)

If you need any spacific help let me (us) know.
My old Sig was broken. Enter the new Sig!
mankrip
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by mankrip »

I guess that this is what you want to do, Tyne: Open your PAK0.PAK file with PakExplorer and drop into it the config.cfg file that is in the ID1 folder of PC Quake.

However, this doesn't set the DC controller configurations.

If you want to bound the DC controller buttons to commands not available in the controller configuration menu, you should do the following:
- Extract the default.cfg from the PAK0.PAK file.
- Then put the bindings at the end of default.cfg, like this:
bind "DC_TRIGL" "+jump"
bind "DC_A" "+back"
bind "DC_Y" "+forward"
bind "DC_B" "+moveright"
bind "DC_X" "+moveleft"
bind "DC_DUP" "impulse 10"
bind "DC_DRIGHT" "impulse 10"
bind "DC_DDOWN" "impulse 12"
bind "DC_DLEFT" "impulse 12"
bind "DC_TRIGR" "+attack"
- You must put all the dc pad bindings, including those that you don't want to change, in the default.cfg file.- Copy this new default.cfg file to the PAK0.PAK and overwrite the old one.
- When running QuakeDC, go to the options menu and select the "reset to defaults" option.
- That's all!

Note that this is generic information that work for 99% of the mods, except for JoyMenu, because it don't loads the config.cfg file. If you want to include custom configs in JoyMenu, name the config file to config1.cfg, config2.cfg or config3.cfg and load them from the Load Configuration menu. If you want JoyMenu to execute your config automatically, put a "exec config.cfg" command at the end of JoyMenu's quake.rc.