nxDOOM Compatability list

Talk about Quake, Doom, Wolfenstein 3D, or other DC first person shooting game ports and mods for those games in here.
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0

Post by BlackAura »

Basically, it's missing some sounds that are just the Doom2 ones, and the colour palette (PLAYPAL). I just injected some sounds from the N64 sprite pack and FreeDoom, along with the colour palette from FreeDoom, and it works! I compiled a special version of nxDoom for it, because it works better with some minor engine tweaks. Still haven't checked it all yet.

Do you think they'd have an objection to me releasing it?
XDelusion
Psychotic MOD
Psychotic MOD
Been thanked: 0

Post by XDelusion »

I hope your not sharing that needle man! :)

Sounds great, that is kool that you decided to do that just for HacX, I fully think it is worth it! I really have not noticed any flaws yet, aside from maybe the fact that in stage two there are areas where you can walk through parts where there is supposed to be glass before the glass is broken, other than that it still seems perfect! BTW I am going to sit down and figure out how they did that glass trick, just have not had time to open up DeepSea and look, I imagine it is simply a THING with features added with DEH, such as making invisible pass-able things, that when shattered appear as flying glass. If that is the case then all that needs tweaked is to make the glass im-passable when it is un-broken, then passable once it has been destroyed. That may not be how they did it, but it is going to be how I do it with my TC(s)! :)
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

What needle?

Anyway, I haven't found any more bugs, but that's hardly surprising - I can't very far (yet).

I'll just make certain that no more sprites/textures are missing, and then I'll see about releasing it.
m0rdant
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by m0rdant »

Hey there,

I managed to get nxDooM working with my dreamcast and its very cool. I just don't understand how to get the AliensTC working with it. It uses a hacked version of the Doom.exe doesn't it?

If someone could walk me through putting ATC on the Dreamcast it would be much appreciated.

Thanks.
XDelusion
Psychotic MOD
Psychotic MOD

Post by XDelusion »

Ok this one is easy, infact there is more help on the DOOM page linked at the bottom of this message, which of course lies in none other than the Burning Tutorial section, anyhow here we go.

Copy all of the Aliens TC WAD and DEH files (DOOM 2 version) to your DOOM directory, then create a MODLIST.TXT file with NOTEPAD, turn off word wrap, and cut and paste this line into it:

Aliens,doom2.wad,-file atc2tex.wad atc2snd.wad atc2wad.wad atc2sf.wad atc2.deh -savename atc,Aliens TC

With word wrap off that will all appear as one line.

Anyhow once you have done this, go ahead and burn and you will be all set!

By the way, where did you here about nxDOOM?
m0rdant
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by m0rdant »

Thanks very much for the fast and complete response. I don't recall where I first saw mention of Doom on Dreamcast, but a search brought me to your page above and all that neat stuff.

I had used your burning guide to put all the main Doom games on a CD that works quite well in my Dreamcast...but I think I messed up a few things on trying to get the wads to work. I had spaces after the commas for one thing. And for some reason I didn't follow the bit about ATC that you have there.

Thanks again, and sorry for asking for info that I should have been able to find/figure out myself...It's all just a bit confusing as I start out with the DC mods and EMUs.
XDelusion
Psychotic MOD
Psychotic MOD

Post by XDelusion »

No problem at all man!

One thing I did think of to tell you while at work today:

Make shure you get your Aliens TC from my page, because if you get a copy off one of those DOOM FTP sites, you'll have to mess with the Dehacked to get it working right as most of them come with outdated dehacked, and the last line also gave me problems, so I had to comment it out.
m0rdant
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by m0rdant »

I followed the instructions above but got the error msg "could not load atc2.deh"

Do I need to put files other than the wad and deh into the doom directory?

HackX workder perfectly though.

Thanks again.
XDelusion
Psychotic MOD
Psychotic MOD

Post by XDelusion »

Can you paste your MODLIST.TXT for me to look at?
m0rdant
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by m0rdant »

Sure thing...there it is below...

Aliens,doom2.wad,-file atc2tex.wad atc2snd.wad atc2wad.wad atc2sf.wad atc2.deh -savename atc,Aliens TC
HacX,doom2.wad,-file hacx.wad hacx.deh -savename hacxsav,HacX TC for Doom 2
XDelusion
Psychotic MOD
Psychotic MOD

Post by XDelusion »

WOW, strange, and you were using the DOOM 2 version and not the DOOMU one right?

Like from this link:

http://files.frashii.com/~sp00nz/Doom/files/atc2.rar
m0rdant
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by m0rdant »

Yep, its the Doom2 version...I have the Doom2 Wad from the collection that has Doom/Doom2/Final Doom...should I have run the install program that comes with Aliens TC and then copy the files? I didn't use the install...

At any rate, thanks for the feedback so far. Just having the Doom games themselves running is pretty cool.
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

Sorry if you've already thought of this, but those files are actually on the CD, aren't they. When I first tried to burn GoldenEye, I typed the filename wrong when I burned the CD, so it didn't work. And I ported the darn thing.

Just plop the disc in your PC and check that the files are there.

Other than that, try it on the Windows version and make sure it works there too.
XDelusion
Psychotic MOD
Psychotic MOD

Post by XDelusion »

Hmm, ya that install thing is useless, you only need it for the original DOS port of DOOM, I should have stipped it from the version I uploaded to the page...

...odd.

Anyhow have you updated your DOOM II WAD to the latest version? I may have suggested that already, but that is my only thought as to what could possibly be wrong at this point.
XDelusion
Psychotic MOD
Psychotic MOD

Post by XDelusion »

Bad news...

... for the moment. :)

Until I fix these problems:

Strain will not let you exit level 7, as I guess it requires Fraggle Script!??! Strange that the text file did not say anything about needing anything aside from DOS DOOM.

Requiem freezes the system near the end of level 3, dunno why as of yet, will look into it when I get time.
MadDoc
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by MadDoc »

Hey XDelusion, your Alien TC for DOOM 2 doesn't seem to be on the site- It just downloads nothing... Or it could be just me...
XDelusion
Psychotic MOD
Psychotic MOD

Post by XDelusion »

Could just be you, works for me in Opera.
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

Just checked it under IE 6.0, and I get a 0 byte file. Just checked it using the FTP account for the site, and that's what's stored on the server (a 0 byte file). In other words, the file isn't there.
XDelusion
Psychotic MOD
Psychotic MOD

Post by XDelusion »

WTF?!?!? I'll look into it later, got to head out shortly, and dial up sux.
XDelusion
Psychotic MOD
Psychotic MOD

Post by XDelusion »

Uploading at .72 k second!!! ya man this is power!