nxDOOM Compatability list

Talk about Quake, Doom, Wolfenstein 3D, or other DC first person shooting game ports and mods for those games in here.
MadDoc
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by MadDoc »

Phew! It wasn't just me after all...heh... :roll:
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

Hey wait a sec.. nxDoom is compatible with DOS DOOM? Does that mean DDF files work? If they do, I think I'm gonna start work on a small patch for Doom featuring a few friends from the Sega world ;)
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

It's compatably with the original version of Doom, which was for DOS. I've never even seen the port called DOS DOOM, so I wouldn't have a clue what it can do.
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

[url]http://www.doomworld.com/classicdoom/po ... platform=1[/url]

Look under there. DOS DOOM and EDGE below it. It's biggest asset was easily DDF.. Otherwise I prefer ZDoom/Legacy. DDF goes waaaay beyond DEH in ability. For instance, making new weapons/monsters instead of replacing old ones (though that was technically possible with monsters in DEH - look at Batman Doom after all - it was a lot easier in EDGE, and more then 9 weapons is not possible in non-EDGE/DOS Doom ports). EDGE also had true over under, though it was a bit of a pain to get working, it was great when you got it.
XDelusion
Psychotic MOD
Psychotic MOD

Post by XDelusion »

I have never touched DDF, what tools do you use to work with it, or is it all scripting like with notepad?

More enemies is always welcome, as would be an alternate fire option.
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

Well, having just downloaded Edge and it's source I can tell ya one thing.

A DC port of this engine is just not gonna happen for a long time.

The thing is far more complex than the original Doom, and I think it'd be harder to get it to work on a DC. The original Doom and most of the simpler ports will all fir nicely on a DC, but Edge (like ZDoom, Doomsday and other enhanced ports) is more like a modern game, and world need to be hugely scaled back.

So I'm just going to stay with basic Doom at the moment. However, that's not to say that nxDoom won't have features similar to those in Edge or whatever. Someday.
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

DDF is scripting with notepad. It's pretty easy, but you can do some pretty nifty tricks. I didn't really expect a port of EDGE soon, if ever. I'm well aware it's complex.. The only thing I really want is DDF compatibility (though I have no idea how far into the engine that is - I'd imagine it's not exactly something you can just cut and paste, ;p). heh, I don't care about anything else really. Actually, I'd just like a more advanced scripting language then DEH. I'm funny that way :)
XDelusion
Psychotic MOD
Psychotic MOD

Post by XDelusion »

Alright, I have finally done something with DOOM for the first time in 2 weeks now. :)

DOOM 2 Extreme: Fixed all weapons, should now play perfectly.

DOOM 2 Extreme Gold: Ditto

Requiem: Still not ready, but will be soon, I just don't have much spare time atm. Anyhow I have discovered that the warp gate in the underground section on level 3 with all the blood is what is causing the crash. There is supposed to be this bloody waterfall, and beyond that is where the enemies warp into the room, but once they do, they cross the warp gate which takes you to the next room, this for some reason seems to be crashing the game. Anyhow I have a few more minutes to mess with this and see if I can't get it to work propper.

Strain: Still have not fixed it, but will have it ready for when I re-upload Requiem.

Wheel Of Time: Still working on that Jetblack flat, there has to be something that I can do about that so we can get the damn thing to load.

I'll post newz on the page when I upload these, but for now don't get too excited as I am not going to upload them prolly till tomarrow when I have acess to Cable Internet, and should have more done.
XDelusion
Psychotic MOD
Psychotic MOD

Post by XDelusion »

Wheel Of Time - working.

Ever see an enemy walk through walls...
XDelusion
Psychotic MOD
Psychotic MOD

Post by XDelusion »

Free DOOM - Yes you can load Free DOOM (what is done of it anyhow) as a PWAD ontop of DOOM2 and prolly 1 and check out the new textures, sprites, sounds and what not. The only thing I dislike so far is the chain gun looks fake, though a small touch up and it would be perfect, perhaps a little larger though. Also the DOOM Guy's face is gay, he looks like a hick, just needs a straw hat or a racing cap or something.

Anyhoo, the link is on the page if you want to check it out.
cybdmn
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by cybdmn »

XDelusion wrote:Raven - Works. I think the guys who made this one were later hired by Raven Software because of this. The maps are top quality, and start out with the tough enemies, only for an experienced DOOMer. :)
The Raven Levels were made by Tim Willits, now lead level designer at iD, currently working on DooM III. Hehe

The Lost Episodes of DooM works fine. I recommend to use it with original doom.wad(3 Episodes Version), because it contains only 3 episodes.

No DL Link, its a comercial release by Sybex.

Here you can find some infos about it.
...where the sanest place is behind a trigger
XDelusion
Psychotic MOD
Psychotic MOD

Post by XDelusion »

Awsome, thankx for the link, I'll have to track down a copy of this!
cybdmn
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by cybdmn »

No Prob. You can find it at amazon, but aware, i haven't found only 1 copy, where the disk is included there. It seems to be hard as hell to find it complete with book and disk.
...where the sanest place is behind a trigger
Ralphis
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by Ralphis »

It's on the 3darchives. It's free now I suppose.
jjoepr
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by jjoepr »

I got NewBreed Doom to work but I had to change some sprites and even though only one is displayed wrong everything works just fine.
darkchilly
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by darkchilly »

I was just wondering...does anyone know if the levels from D!Zone work with nxDoom? I was just curious if it was worth it to go through and make a disc or not?
prymetyme2
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by prymetyme2 »

Any word on the simpsons mod compatibility?
http://quakedev.dcemulation.org/mods/si ... mpsons.htm
-nicky nooch
You gotta eat lightning and crap thunder.
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

I thought that was a Quake mod, not a Doom mod. Try it on one of the Quake ports.
prymetyme2
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by prymetyme2 »

Wow I'm dumb... sorry for the misposting.
You gotta eat lightning and crap thunder.
Ze_ro
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Ze_ro »

m0rdant wrote:I followed the instructions above but got the error msg "could not load atc2.deh"
Alright, I know this thread is thoroughly ancient by now, but did anyone find a solution to this problem? Because I get the same thing, using the same cut 'n pasted line in my modlist.txt.

In fact, I get similar errors for the following entries:

Obtic,doom2.wad,-file obtic1.wad obtic2.wad obtic3.wad doom1_xm.wad obtic1.deh obtic2.deh -savename Obtic,Obituary

(Could not open obtic1.deh) (Whoops, I guess I should be loading doom2_xm.wad instead of doom1_xm.wad in there...)

Quakedoom,doom2.wad,-file qkedoom.wad q2gfx.wad qdsprite.wad doom2_xm.wad qdm.deh -savename qkedoom,QuakeDOOM

(Could not open qdm.deh)

The only thing I can see that is special about these entries is that they have more than 4 files on their command line (I have no other entries with >4), and nxDoom always seems to cough on the fifth one. The fifth one also always seems to be a .deh file. Perhaps the Dreamcast runs out of memory after the first four? If I remove doom2_xm.wad from both of these, will nxDoom load it automatically, or will I just be left with no sound?

--Zero