technically handicapped rambler

Talk about Quake, Doom, Wolfenstein 3D, or other DC first person shooting game ports and mods for those games in here.
MagnetoMan
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

technically handicapped rambler

Post by MagnetoMan »

it bothers me that for some reason people are so paraniod of "legal issues" that its near impossible to just find a nero image file of any emulator with roms on the web.

why must every one of us dreamcast owners learn how to patch .bin files and/or do whatever the hell it is you techies do when all we want to do is play wolf3d and other games on our dcs???

i owned the wolfenstein3d game at one time... i lost the floppy discs years ago... im sure that the creators of the game arent going to lose any money if someone posts a .nrg file...

sorry if my thoughts seemed scattered...
but ive been trying to figure out how to make this wolf3d disc FOR EVER and a day!!!!

im no techie!
i confess!!
im a fu!#ing moron!
i dont have a clue how to burn DC games...
i paid for all of the games i have...
and i would pay for all the emulators if i could, (if it were legal)...
but i cant for the life of me figure out how to make these dc discs on my own..

IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED IN HOSTING .NRG FILES FOR THE WOLFENSTEIN 3D DC GAME, or ANY OTHER EMULATOR, ON MY WEBSITE
--PM ME.--

i dont give a !@$#
no lawyer is going to sue me for having a !@$#
atari emulator on my site.
or any other emulator for that matter...
*(i have a stelladc nrg image with 600 roms on it
ill be posting it on my site soon!!!)

im doing this for the people...
the technically handicaped... if you will

thanks for your time.
MagnetoMan
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by MagnetoMan »

btw... if any one wants my stelladc image pm me..
it has over 600 roms on it, ATARI 2600 with sound!!

peace!
Tyne
Pimp DC Devver
Pimp DC Devver

Post by Tyne »

Shut up. :\
XDelusion
Psychotic MOD
Psychotic MOD

Post by XDelusion »

Right on man, I like your aptitude! I am a f*cking moron myself welcome to the club! :)

As for the topic I am afriad it must be locked now, sorry we can't publicly offer roms on here unless they are official abandon warez or free roms, sorry, that is just the way the ball bounces here, it is a page devoted to free software, and legal developement, and bringing up warez and the like makes the page look bad, and risks the act of the page getting shut down which would be bad for us all, and so for that reason I must be an ass.

In the mean time you may want to start up your own room on IRC, filetopia or something and discuss that stuff in there, or just use E-mail or Private messages, so long as it is not out in the open, ok?

As for Wolfenstien, just start up a new topic and I am shure you'll get some help, just don't discuss how you lost your original floppies ect. ect. Just leave it with the fact that you paid for it, and now want to know how to burn it for your DC. I personally have not burned it yet myself as I am waiting on a FULL SPEED release, but like I said start a new topic, and I am shure you'll get some help. In the mean time I'll try to keep an eye our for people starting smack about asking for scans of your reciepts and what not, this room is for fun, not for them to gripe and moan.
fluffykiwi
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by fluffykiwi »

The simple fact is if an emulator is distributed with rom images the companies can go after the writer of the emulator and sue them!
This closes down the development of the emulator.
so you are not risking getting sued but risking someone elses livelyhood and ultimately damaging the future development of the emulation scene.
You just have to be a bit more patient as someone will develop a self build kit, where you take your roms stick em in a folder click the exe and get an image to burn, gnuboy does just that with help from the uberboot prog.
As long as the emulator and the roms remain separate then it will be safe to code new emulators