nxMakaqu v2.0

Talk about Quake, Doom, Wolfenstein 3D, or other DC first person shooting game ports and mods for those games in here.
Anthony817
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/

nxMakaqu v2.0

Post by Anthony817 »

Does anybody know where I can find info on the new version and when will it be coming out? I saw the post on the news page, but I can't find anyother info about this like if there is a site dedicated to this project and whatnot.

I just read that the developer is going to implement hardware rendering this time, as opposed to the software rendering mode of the older Quake port. Looks like it is going to have many advanced features that I can't wait to see.
mankrip
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: nxMakaqu v2.0

Post by mankrip »

The official website is at Google Code now, and there's a blog here.

There should be a couple releases before version 2.0. Currently I'm fixing and improving some things in the software renderer for the version 1.4, and version 1.5 should feature some major changes to the GUI.
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh mankrip Hell's end wgah'nagl fhtagn.
==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==
Dev blog / Twitter / YouTube
Anthony817
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Anthony817 »

Thanks for the info! Looks to be the best Quake version on DC yet! I'll be following it from now on. Quick question though, will it have 32 bit textures with the hardware renderer on Dreamcast and look like it would look on a PC?
mankrip
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by mankrip »

The main reason for implementing hardware acceleration is to increase the framerate and the resolution, as the DC version is simply too slow and low-res, so a hardware-accelerated renderer for Makaqu shouldn't look too different from GLQuake.

But anyway, support for 32-bit TGA textures should be implemented in both renderers, with mipmap creation and conversion to the 8-bit indexed color palette in the software renderer, since implementing this will allow for easier creation and testing of new content.
==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==
Anthony817
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Anthony817 »

That's great to hear. I noticed on your blog site, that you were looking at Hexen 2, do you think we will ever see a complete port of that game over to Dreamcast? I had a few friends look at the port that Bero did, and try to port the retail files over to the DC. There were many problems with it to say the least. :(
mankrip
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by mankrip »

The best Hexen II engine available for PC seems to be Hammer of Thyrion, and there's a retexturing project for Hexen II here. Maybe someone else can port it later, but it's not in my plans.
==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==
Anthony817
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Anthony817 »

Well thanks for the rapid reply and your contributions to the Dreamcast scene. I'll be looking forward to the final release.
dreammatrix
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by dreammatrix »

Hardware aceleration and colored lithing is that your engine needs!