DC-LOAD is the server program meant to be run on the Sega Dreamcast. DC-Load is part of the set of DC-Tool / DC-Load combination. See the DC-Tool for more information on running this setup. To be used, you must have a way to connect your Dreamcast console to your computer, it can be one of the following:
- A Coders Cable (a serial cable, the historical way to do that)
- A Broadband Adapter, often shortened as “BBA” (a 10/100Mbits network Ethernet card).
This program, originally developed by ADK/Napalm and now full part of the KallistiOS library (used in the homebrew developments targeted to the Sega Dreamcast) is split in two packages:
- DC-LOAD, the server part, started from the Dreamcast
- DC-TOOL, the client part, started from the computer (can be GNU/Linux or Windows).
Depending on the method chosen (Coders Cable or BBA) you must use the right version of the program:
- DC-LOAD or DC-LOAD-SERIAL for the Coders Cable version
- DC-LOAD-IP for the BBA version
- DC-LOAD-IP v1.0.3
- DC-LOAD-SERIAL V1.0.3
- DC-LOAD-IP v1.0.4