Super Street Fighter 2X , how to crack the LBA check ?

Post discussions on how to downsample and hack CD-based games here. Discuss the best ways to fit your backed-up game onto a CD-R, or other ways to play GDI files on a real console.

Moderator: Moderators

s8n

Super Street Fighter 2X , how to crack the LBA check ?

Post by s8n »

hi dumpcast members , does anyone know how to crack the LBA Check in Super Street Fighter 2X ?

I have recently acquired the GDI dump and want to selfboot it for Dreamcast. If im correct i have to crack the LBA Check first then proceed in selfbooting the game.

any info helps

s8n
Shoometsu

Post by Shoometsu »

afaik, there's no solution for this yet. you should try to create a dummy track which makes the next session start in sector 45000 too.
s8n

Post by s8n »

hi Shoometsu , i have done some testing and have found this.

If i selfboot the SSF2X GDI without hacking the game i cant press Start and play the game. From memory SF3 has a similar protection where some of the sprites are missing if the game isnt hacked.

Also echelon has succeeded in hacking SSF2X as they have a release and it works fine (ive tested mine and their rip in nullDC).
you should try to create a dummy track which makes the next session start in sector 45000 too
can you tell me how this is done ?.....i will try it out
Shoometsu

Post by Shoometsu »

s8n wrote:hi Shoometsu , i have done some testing and have found this.

If i selfboot the SSF2X GDI without hacking the game i cant press Start and play the game. From memory SF3 has a similar protection where some of the sprites are missing if the game isnt hacked.

Also echelon has succeeded in hacking SSF2X as they have a release and it works fine (ive tested mine and their rip in nullDC).
you should try to create a dummy track which makes the next session start in sector 45000 too
can you tell me how this is done ?.....i will try it out
here I created a dummy file with 79024847 bytes of size and burned it as the audio track of the first session to start the 2nd session in LBA 45000 as the original GD-ROM starts.
atreyu187

Re: Super Street Fighter 2X , how to crack the LBA check ?

Post by atreyu187 »

http://pastebin.com/9uhYHjTF

There is how to crack and hack it for the EX options!! This crack also works for Super Puzzle Fighter II X for Matching Service.