Sonic Adventure Limited Edition NTSC-U Dumping Error

This forum is for the discussion of dumping games. Get help with your dumping here.

Moderator: Moderators

atreyu187

Sonic Adventure Limited Edition NTSC-U Dumping Error

Post by atreyu187 »

So I am trying to get this out to the public but I am having troubles. The disc is flawless it had light scuffs and failed dumping at sector 469854. So I got it professionally resurfaced. Now the disc is MINT not a problem to be seen on the disc. I have checked in a good light for disc rot and fine cracks and I simply can't find any imperfections.

Well after the cleaning or buffing of the disc I still get the same error. I know there probably isn't anything I can do but was hoping someone might know of something to help me submit this disc. I have tried httpd'ack obviously and jjl0dom's DC SD Ripper v1.0 and v1.1 to no avail. I have also tried it on a chipped launch Japanese system,rev0,rev1,rev2 NTSC-U systems with no luck at all.

I am setting up my laptop right now and coders cable as I am that desperate to get some sort of image for comparison. I have been able to play through with each character no problems since the International save file is compatible as they are basically the same just no multi -language files. Anyhow any help or suggestions would be great.

Maybe I should call the 900 number and ask Sega if they have any suggestions as they provide a number on the disc. :lol:
ackmed

Post by ackmed »

If you just want to get an image to look at, you can tell httpd-ack to continue on error instead of aborting.

use this url
http://dcip/track03.bin?ipbintoc0_sessi ... rt0_retry5

Any sectors that can't be read will be filled with 'Q' as a poison.

-ack
atreyu187

Post by atreyu187 »

Thanks a ton as I can borrow the needed bad files from the international disc I have to make a selfbooting copy.

EDIT

Wow why does it only reach speeds of 100kb/s?
Maddog
is awesome
is awesome

Post by Maddog »

Another thing to try would be to change the retry5 in the provided link to something high, like retry100. This has helped me read some borderline discs properly.
atreyu187

Post by atreyu187 »

Tons of bad sectors and undumpable. But goot news is i bought another but what baffles me is the disc i have is meant with no signs of disc rot. I have even beat the game with sonic and tails without a hitch so i haveno idea as to why it does that.
atreyu187

Post by atreyu187 »

Tons of bad sectors and undumpable. But goot news is i bought another but what baffles me is the disc i have is meant with no signs of disc rot. I have even beat the game with sonic and tails without a hitch so i haveno idea as to why it does that.
Maddog
is awesome
is awesome

Post by Maddog »

Waiting for results on your 2nd disc.
I have ran into the same thing a couple of times in the past: discs that looked mint to the eye producing read errors. Can't give much of an explanation on this, but bit rot is the only logical conclusion.

If the 2nd disc has errors in the same places as the first one, then it can only be a mastering error. Never seen a DC disc that had read errors on purpose and I am pretty damn sure I have dumped about 700 of those.
atreyu187

Post by atreyu187 »

Just waiting on my next copy to arrive is all then you will see the DAT submitted but I will not be releasing the GDI till ReviveDC does a rip of it as I don't want HyKan to rip it again before we can since he doesn't even credit his source. If he even said thanks or asked we would not have cared but he didn't and did a half arsed butchered job only downsampling two video's to fit on a 99min CDR. Why not do it to all so you don't notice the HUGE quality difference like in his butchered release. Anyhow I will submit once I get it for sure and pump out the rip as I have already done the Sonic LE BETA twice now and have perfected ripping that game. Untouched video and 32k stereo sound make it hard to tell the difference in the rip and GDI. That and the BETA is v1.001 and retail was v1.002 so I don't think to many changes were made but a retail rip has never been released.
atreyu187

Post by atreyu187 »

New disc arrived today and it dumped from beginning to end so I will be submitting soon!!