question about gdi files x nullDC reading

This forum is for the discussion of dumping games. Get help with your dumping here.

Moderator: Moderators

Shoometsu

question about gdi files x nullDC reading

Post by Shoometsu »

first of all: I want help to solve this problem because I want to share the dumps here, but I need to know if everything is being done correct, before doing a proper release. the biggest question is that if a gdi file will always runs fine in nulldc. if yes, i'll describe the procedure done here, because nulldc gives a lot of errors that seems to indicate that the .gdi file is done wrong. Please read it.

note: I'm a bit twisted about the GDI structure yet. I've dumped the following game:

Street Fighter 3 3Rd Strike (J) [T1209M]

I'm using the serial Dumpcats Tools. I'm not sure about if the gdi file is correct, since it don't run in nullDC here. there are some shots from the console, where you can see a lot of reading errors, and in the bios the gdi is recognized as a gd rom with 99 tracks, as shown in the shots below:

1. trying load by "normal boot" option:

2. trying "Hle GDROM boot":

the tracks structure:

Code: Select all

session 1
1 DATA       0    450    0M
2 AUDIO    450    738    1M
session 2
3 DATA   45000 504150 1032M
the track files here:

track01.iso
track01.raw
track01.iso
the .gdi file content:

1 0 4 2048 track01.iso 0
2 450 0 2352 track01.raw 0
3 45000 4 2048 track01.iso 0
the tracks 01 and 02 were reated following darcagn's tips:
darcagn wrote: You should use ISOBuster.

Right click "Track 1" and select "Extract Track 01" and choose "Extract User Data." Select where to download it to and then let it start extracting. It will complain that the last 150 sectors are unreadable at the end of the track. Select "Replace with all zeroes," check "Always apply Selection," and click the "Selection" button. When it asks if you want to delete the file if the number of unreadable sectors was 150, select no. If it was more than 150 then it probably has misread some of the disc and is a bad dump. Rename "Track 01.tao" to "track01.iso"

Right click "Track 2" and select "Extract Track 02" and choose "Extract RAW data." Select where to download it to and let it start extracting. When it is done, rename "Track 02.bin" to "track02.raw"

And there you go, you've ripped track01 and track02 with ISOBuster.

If you want to do something of good enough quality to release, you should use EAC for track02, but for general purposes, ISOBuster should be fine.
i've tested track02 using the isobuster method and the EAC method, but in the last one I didn't find any option to extract audio i raw format, only .wav format, so I've renamed the generated.wav file to .raw. both tracks shows the same errrors in nulldc, so I presume that the error isn't here.
darcagn
Site Founder & Admin
Site Founder & Admin

Post by darcagn »

Why do you have 3 files all named track01?
Shoometsu

Post by Shoometsu »

wrong ctrl + c, ctrl + v XD

this is the right one:

1 0 4 2048 track01.iso 0
2 450 0 2352 track02.raw 0
3 45000 4 2048 track03.iso 0
and another shot from the eerors cycle in "Hle GDROM" boot:
Nologic

Post by Nologic »

Heh fixing bug in serial version of dumpcast tools. .95 should be up soon...tho all it fixes is the incorrect gdi file creation.
Shoometsu

Post by Shoometsu »

but even this "fixed" .gdi is wrong?

1 0 4 2048 track01.iso 0 
2 450 0 2352 track02.raw 0 
3 45000 4 2048 track03.iso 0 
to me the matter is determine if this is a .gdi problem, or an emulator problem, coz if the last option is correct, I can release this dump, even if it's not running in nullDC due to the problems shown above in my first post...
ackmed

Post by ackmed »

Hi

Make sure you are using a dc_flash.bin that is for the japan region. I had similar problems when initially trying to boot GDI usa games. I eventually figured out my dc_flash.bin, which I copied from my old chankast setup, was for europe.

ack
Shoometsu

Post by Shoometsu »

ackmed wrote:Hi

Make sure you are using a dc_flash.bin that is for the japan region. I had similar problems when initially trying to boot GDI usa games. I eventually figured out my dc_flash.bin, which I copied from my old chankast setup, was for europe.

ack
but even the errors shown in the console were the same? I'm using a USA dc_flash, so I'll use a JAP dc_flash to make it work. I'll try this at night, and post the results. thanks.
darcagn
Site Founder & Admin
Site Founder & Admin

Post by darcagn »

The Japanese flash is your problem. Use normal boot as well.
Shoometsu

Post by Shoometsu »

ok, it was a dc_flash.bin matter. worked fine here in nullDC. many thanks for you all. here's the result. XD