|Best Available Port
For this game?
REminiscence is a rewrite of the engine used in the game Flashback (in the US subtitled 'The Quest for Identity') from Delphine Software. This program is designed as a cross-platform replacement for the original executable and uses the SDL library. Original version by Gregory Montoir, 'firstname.lastname@example.org'.
- D-Pad → move Conrad
- Start Button → display the options
- A Button → talk / use / run / shoot
- X Button → Draw weapon from holster
- Y Button → use the current inventory object
- B Button → display the inventory
(Support for Dreamcast Keyboard as well)
(Place in "Data" folder)
If you have a version distributed by SSI, you'll have to rename some files :
- LOGOSSSI.cmd → LOGOS.cmd
- LOGOSSSI.pol → LOGOS.pol
- MENU1SSI.map → MENU1.map
- MENU1SSI.pal → MENU1.pal
You will need the Amiga MOD files listed in the readme, renamed without the ".mod" extension, if you want sound during the cut scenes.
- Example: mod.flashback-voyage.mod → mod.flashback-voyage
- Windows users can use command line renaming. Navigate to the folder containing the '.mod' files, and enter the following command.
rename *.mod *..
How to Burn
Place the game's datafiles in the directory 'Data', and the amiga mod files into the same 'Data' folder. Place the 'Data' folder, with the 1st_read.bin, into a root folder. Selfboot (scramble the binary) that folder with BootDreams.